New Indian 111 ci engine

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Wow I just saw that translates to 1811cc which is a pretty big engine. I can't see how they are going to make that into a bike that is going to be very economical. I think if they make the bikes too expensive they will be no better off than they have been with the last few owners. Triumph has done a pretty good job at keeping the vintage look and keeping the bikes fairly affordable, well sub or just at $10k if that is considered affordable. I did notice that Suzuki has a bike that is almost identical to a Triumph and it's only $4,300.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
darkhawk22 - previous Indians produced by Polaris ran a Victory motor. I guess they feel that the new unique engine will help them lure those coveted buyers that are in their top earning years. The new mill does resemble a flathead v twin.
I am on more of a "Virago" budget.
I agree that the Triumph standard bikes are a lot of performance (and looks) for the money and are reputed to handle the curves far better a normal v twin cruiser. I love the street triple but I could buy a Bonneville and a boat load of fuel for the same price.

Last edited: