Please what do you think about this engine noise?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sounds kinda normal to me. The clutch/gears on some of these make a crazy sound, very similar to what I am hearing here.

The second one is better....it sounds just like one bike I ran for several thousand miles. It was just the way the gears/clutch sound.

Roman1978

Feb 20, 2013
Czech Republic
Do you think it's alright ? So it should be a stop? Sound clutch? I'm worried it will not hurt at. It was fixed at the man who makes 6 years. Perhaps it should be ok Change Blck bearing clutch plate and it still does

Last edited:

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
You need to describe exactly what you're doing to create the recording, and when you think it sounds odd. Sounds like you started it... engaged the clutch...rode...and during deceleration the clutch was whining (normal). I say everything sounds fine.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
I'd like to hear it from about 3 meters away. Your heart makes a lot of noise with a stethoscope up close too.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Could be the clutch, but I'd want to ride it with the clutch cover off to see how it sounds then - after that, I'd try with that cover back on and the magneto cover off to see what it sounds like then.

A mechanic's stethoscope is usually cheap too.