Who's bike is this?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I wouldnt trust a morini in a walmart bike. Just my opinion here. I own a huffy cranbrook, and I wouldnt put anything with more than 2 or 3 horses in it. cheap bike, cheap engine. expensive engine, better quality bike. I got lucky having had an ht engine in my Cranny for 2 years with no issues, but Walmart bikes are not widely known to hold up well to being motorized. If you are going to spend the money on a morini, may as well spend the money on a stronger frame. with a morini, you will basically be driving a home-built motorcycle. Do you really want to trust a $100 dollar walmart frame to that kind of power?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I wouldnt trust a morini in a walmart bike. Just my opinion here. I own a huffy cranbrook, and I wouldnt put anything with more than 2 or 3 horses in it. ?
The Morini in the pic is a 3 HP engine.
S6 - E 3hp $ 416.00

I remember this build as it was the first I had seen that used a low
powered Morini engine, but don't remember who's bike it is.

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
thanks for the input. My bike is a Schwinn re-issue from about 15 years ago. The welds look pretty good and tubes are fairly beefy. I think the bike in the photo also says Schwinn on it. I've been running the 66HT for a year now with no frame issues. My next upgrade is to get rear wheel with 12 guage spokes.

happy riding

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
thanks Easy Rider, I appreciate any advice I'm given. I check my fenders regularly and have also mounted a thick bungee back up support both front and back fenders. Much heavier guage fender stays will also be fabbed and installed when I get a little time. Safety is a prime concern. I came off my bike when the front wheel locked on a wet/oily spot of road. I was going less than 10 mph and my shoulder still hurts 8 months later. That's why I'd never put disc brake on the front. If your front wheel locks you have absolute zero chance of recovery and you will go down before you realize wtf happened.

best regards, Chaz