212 agk torque conveyer

GoldenMotor.com

ssmario1

Apr 26, 2008
port hueneme
It seem that the belt doesn't line up with the back. Or I need some lots help "" please help me """ :-||Or if you guys have pictures on how to set it up that be cool. Got model 1002 Frm agk . I call them but no 1 home. Even on store time no 1 answers.

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
by the looks of it you need to trim the spacer that goes behind the drive clutch so the belt lines up... pm member Scotto as he also has that brand of CVT

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I dont know if this matters, but I can see that the belt is not facing the right way. where it says, "this side to engine" the arrow is pointing away from engine. does that matter?

ssmario1

Apr 26, 2008
port hueneme
I don't think so because it rubbing on the front one . I don't think the belt is lopsided. I think it doesnt matter. I put it the first time with the arrows pointing towar the engine. I probably took it about 10 times off . And still can get it 2 line up. And is that normal for the belt to rub in the front clutch

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It does matter on this particular CVT which way the belt is installed as it uses an asymetrical belt. I responded to your PM.....check it out.

scotto-

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
OK......I just looked at your pic and two things are very wrong.

First, the first part of the clutch pulley is on backwards.

Second, the belt is also on backwards. The CVT will not work at all with the driver pulley and belt in that cofiguration.

Take the clutch pulley off and re-install by flipping that first sheave over so the lip faces the engine. When you do that, the pulley is probably gonna rub on the GTC backing plate. You will prolly need an additional 1/8" thick spacer placed next to the provided spacer before you put that first pulley on. That was what I said in your PM.

If you get that lined up with the rear pulley, replace the belt so that the arrows point toward the engine and then install the rest of the pulley. Also a note of importance is the bronze sleve that slides onto that first sheave so that your engine will be able to idle when your stopped at a light and such. Without that sleeve (bushing) your clutch can't disengage and your engine will stall when you come to a stop.

Study this closely when you re-install your CVT
http://www.bmikarts.com/PDF/Comet_30series.pdf

ssmario1

Apr 26, 2008
port hueneme
this is the first thing I did. I Put the sleeve in,then i put the washers, then pully plate, then that brass coupling, then the belt and so on & so on. I think I got it now "thanks guys 4 all the good help

Last edited: