Existing rider, new to Whizzers

GoldenMotor.com

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Hey Guys, I have recently acquired a newer (2006) NE5 powered Whizzer bike. As a long time MB rider and moped guy, I'm naturally interested in pimping this bad boy out a little bit. Can one of you give a Whizer newb a few tips on the first things I will want to do to improve performance of the bike? It's stock, starts and runs perfectly (The brakes on these things are a joke) and makes about 35-37 mph on flat ground- so a good running start to a Whizzer project!
What are my goals with this bike? IMprove hill climbing to whatever extent that can be affected. Play around w different centrifugal clutches if possible, looking for further variation of gear ratio and perhaps better belt engagement for hills? ALso hoping through simple things like milling the head down, massaging intake and exhaust ports, possibly adjusting the timing slightly, and throwing a Mikuni 24mm Flatside carb on there, I'd like to see this thing cruise at 40+ and just generally be better able to keep up with some of my milder moped builds, and maybe cruise at speeds approaching what my Firebelly Cycles HT SHifter kit bike can do. (I know, apples and other, different apples lol) You get the idea. Where do I start, what are the go-to mods, and whats to be avoided? Also, any conerns for my NE5 motor? Common failure points etc I want to be aware of? What are y'all doing for brakes on your hot rodded Whizzers? We add things like Pit Bike hydraulic front discs to mopeds around here to haul 60+ mph builds back down from speed. I'm envisioning a set of spoked 50cc motorcycle wheels with drum brakes as a possible future swap to improve stopping performance. These expanding rubber shoe brake things are downright embarassing. As always on this wonderful forum boys and girls- thanks in advance for the help I knw you will provide. Oh you probably want to see a pic of the Whizz too..

hope this works:

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
OK I know you all are trying to internalize my hating on the Whizzer brakes, and thinking "can't this tool use the Search function"? etc, and trying to decide if you can compose a polite response to me telling me to go kick rocks, but I'm just sitting here thinking up more questions all the time about this fun bike! I have been reading a bunch of the threads here about the bikes and it seems like people are doing all kinds of wonderful things with their Whizzers. Responses or no, I'm still super excited to have this machine in the stable, and look forward to learning from all of you.

Now what was that other question I was pondering last night I meant to add to this thread... It'll come to me.