1915 Board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
I am going to post backwards. Here is my "almost finished" BTR. Since this photo, I have redone the tank (3rd time!) and added additional period-correct items.
This build started out as a early Worksman. It was stretched 6" and a 30's Villiers 125cc 9D was fitted into her. Although I am still searching for the final components to fire her up, she isnt too far from breathing her first breath in many years.
This build was done using as many "REAL" period-correct parts as possible. It is a build for me and my boys. The head badge reads "The Kris" (My name) and has birthdays of my boys on the number plates. Our family's name is Blake so that's what the tank says.
Although I designed the bike, the original fabricator did a horrible job and didnt follow my instruction. Nearly everything had to be redone by Taylar Cycles. I should have went with him in the first place...
Anywho, it's late and I'm tired. Nite nite
(Sorry pic's wont work due to the size and I dont know how to resize...
I'll try again some other day)

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Sorry to hear about your first fabricator.........Looking forward to seeing your Villiers going. I got my 98cc Villiers going and while it goes good enough i think yours should fly and look forward to hearing it...... yours has a gearbox doesnt it? If so it should really fly..... ive been looking out for one of your engines over here in Australia but i havent seen any on ebay :-(

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
Hello again Harry,
Long time no chat. I picked up a motor identical to yours on ebay.UK. There are many of them available. Its an Atco/Villiers 98 cc, right? Cool lookin motor! As for the 125cc/9D, there arent any out there and the coil is just as hard to find!

As far as the Fabricator, he called himself an artist but his work looked liked a school kid giving it his first try. No exaggeration. In the end he couldnt pay me the money I overpaid him and he lost period correct parts I supplied him.
I got jipped.
Its turning out really nice though. Last night I put the clear coat on my tank and over my decals. Im letting it dry in the 100 degree heat here, today.

I will mount it and take some pic's to post.

Any idea how to resize the pics? Im not too good in that department.

Thanks for your response,
Kris

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Im not much better with that sort of thing..... i guess it depends on where you are loading your pictures from...... i have mine on "photobucket" and my photos are automatically resized..... otherwise there should be a little "edit" tab above the photo and then choose "resize" i think??????????

I know what its like dealing with unskillful tradesmen..... i had a so called machinist stuff up one of my jobs then continue to get in a shouting match with me.... I won LOL.

Yeah my little Villiers is a modest 98cc and while not being a rocketship is 1000 times better to ride then a chinagirl, i know this because i no longer wish to ride my 66cc Kroon build...... heres a video of the 98cc in action

Motorized bicycle Villiers 98cc board track racer stationary run - YouTube

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
Hi Brett,
I have a bunch of junk but only a couple BTR's. Mostly old bicycles, scooters and motorcycles...
I will resize some of the "better" ones. Stand by....

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
DAMN DAMN DAMN thats a nice bike..... real nice.

Im really liking that black bike in the background.... what is that? Did you build it or is it an original?????

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
Thanks for the comments Flatblack, Harry and Culver City Classics!
Looks good but still not running. Have a couple of small issues to take care of but will have them worked out soon. Coil on its way from the UK along with exhaust gaskets, fuel tap and cables need to be fitted. Took forever to find car; praying it works...
The exhaust was done by Taylar Cycles (Dan). I asked him to "mimic a drop loop" with the exhaust and he shaped it nice. I will be taking a trek up the hill to see him next week so he can figure out a pedal solution. I've got widened crank arms, 28T steel front sprocket and a bearing reduction conversion kit for the 3 pc pedal assembly. I have no idea what to do with the parts (that's where Dan comes in...) =)

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
Sorry Harry, the bike in the back ground is a 1927 Terrot LC. It is a French motorcycle. It's all original if you take off all the crap I added. (long horn, huge front light & Sheriff badge)'

It was my first cycle restoration many years ago...