looking to start a moto-bike club in central pa

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
not sure if im putting this thread in the right place, so i apologize to the mods if i am wrong. if i am wrong, or if there is a place that the mods think is better, please feel free to move it or make a suggestion. anyway, here goes.

looking to start a moto-bike club in central pa. I will be the president, but will only serve a term. meetings and gatherings will be held in the lancaster area. for the moment, there will be very few requirements. one, you must own and ride a two stroke moto-bike. i do not mind if you also own a 4 stroke or some sort of diy setup, but only two-stroke bikes will be accepted into the club. it does not have to be completely stock, but must have originated from a stock kit, either 48cc or 66cc. second, you must be a pennsylvania resident. you must be able to travel to lancaster, not necessarily on your bike, but with it to go on rides. the first people that i choose will be full fledged members and hold titles within the club. everyone else will start off as prospects. meetings will be held on a regular basis, but most likely not more than once or twice a month and will always be held on weekends. if enough people show interest, i will hold a gathering to officially start the club. everyone that is invited to the gathering will be given a chance to express ideas and give input. all ideas will be heard and listened to. the only rule i will not change is the rule about two stroke bikes. i know there are other central pa riders out there, and i know some of you have got to be interested in being part of a club. so come one, come all.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
ok, no offense to the mods, but swap and shop? im not trying to buy, sell or trade anything. im trying to start a club. just curious how that fits under swap and shop. i would think introduce yourself or even the tavern would be a better place than swap and shop. how am i supposed to promote this club i wanna start if my thread doesnt get the right attention.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
come on mods. this thread does not fit under swap and shop. it has nothing to do with buying selling or trading anything. please hear me or i will find other ways to promote my club.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, I agree that 'S&S' isn't the best place for a thread like this so just checked the logs and found that actually your thread hadn't been moved yet by anyone for any reason...

As 'S&S' is part of the 'Tavern' subforum it's easy enough to make an error when creating a new thread, I did just move it out of 'S&S' and into general discussion/'The Tavern' for you though.

I would like to mention that it takes some time for us to see these things, also that you may get a more prompt response if you send any staff member a PM.

Tmoney

Apr 28, 2011
california
A club for motorized bicycles sounds like a pretty good idea. Good luck with it. I might start one out here in California. But I am still new to the motor bicycle community.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
i dont really know who all the staff members are. i tried to start this thread under events races and rallies, but it ended up under swap and shop somehow. i really want to start this club but dont really know the best place to start a thread about it

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I think 'The Tavern' is a pretty good place as there's other clubs here, when you do get something going 'Events Races & Rally' will grab some attention & remember you can always link to the thread in your sig.

Any active staff member can be seen in the "Who's Online" section at the bottom of the homepage, don't forget to check "Users Active in the past 24hrs" below it as well - all moderator's names are bright red & bold, you can't miss them lol

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
ok that sounds cool. im thinking once a few people show interest, i hold a gathering to discuss things like our name, titles, responsibilities, recruiting, when to meet, when to gather, things like that. do you think its ok for me to pick the name, or wait till people are interested and then allow a name to be chosen? im only asking because im very excited to start this club, and i already have a couple ideas for names.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
*shrug* Your club = you get to pick the name I figure lol

I would however suggest that you may wish to consider not restricting membership quite so much, four stroke/two stroke & even residency - why not welcome them all? There's not that many MBers after all and I figure so long as they're MBs...

Still, yer club, yer call ;)

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
well, i respect your opinion. two things. i am not a travelin man due to fundage and lifestyle. the purpose of this club is to gather together physically. people im never gonna see cant really be considered members of my club. my only requirement as far as residency is that you live in the state of pa. pennsylvania is pretty big. i dont think that people from new york or indiana or jersey or maryland are gonna travel to pa every month for meetings. as far as two stroke or four, i have noticed a very slight separation between the two. a lot of four strokers dont know anything about (wo strokes and vice versa. they also wouldnt have parts to swap. part of the purpose of this group is to help each other out. having only two stroke bikes makes that easier. i also said i didnt mind if members owned other types of bikes. i just said only two strokes would be accepted into the club. a lot of bike clubs have those kinds of restrictions. you will see clubs that have only harleys or only streetbikes or only choppers. every club has some sort of restrictions.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
ok after some consideration, i have changed my mind about the two stroke rule. four strokes will be accepted as well as two strokes. but you still have to live in pennsylvania and ride or transport your bike to lancaster for meetings and gatherings.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Events, Races & Rally

Promote your motorized bicycle events, races and get togethers here to help spread the word about bicycles with motors!

I'd suggest post in this section to start at the beginning of things. Find and round up the local riders.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Woops, spaced there was a first page, sorry about that. :D

I agree though - get it in your sig, either a link back to this thread, or even better, make a free web space for your club and link back to there!