Raw Motors 2-stroke kits...Any one bought from them??

GoldenMotor.com

OOC-MB1

Feb 5, 2011
California
Couldn't wait....I also read that all these Chinese engines are all the same. Its just depends whether the sweat shops were happy that day or not. and if they were you get a good batch of engines...I hope i get a decent one. Anyway, any out there running RawMotors Slant 80/66cc 2-stroke? haven't seen that many posting here.

What are the tell tale sign of a not too good engine?

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
Couldn't wait....I also read that all these Chinese engines are all the same. Its just depends whether the sweat shops were happy that day or not. and if they were you get a good batch of engines...I hope i get a decent one. Anyway, any out there running RawMotors Slant 80/66cc 2-stroke? haven't seen that many posting here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
out of 30 builds for me....the score is about
as follows all 66,80's..... i have repaired some smaller but never a full install

flying horse ....... 8 builds slant head, and regular. 3 totally destroyed clutch bearring sets, less than 500 miles each, 2 of my own 35,000 on each and still strong. another neighbor has 75,000 on his, i see it every day. another neighbor had past 90,000 last month when he moved to Tampa. see my comments at the end of this post

BGF ................. 3 full kits, all out of service within months.

RAW ................ 4 kits and 1 motor only.. all still strong... 3 for customers and a backup for me. all of of them have been the strongest of all the motors i have installed.

GRUBEE .............6 kits 66/80 skyhawks including 2 starfires. both of the starfires are the sweetest sounding moters after 6 months. these kits are the best kits for me, many 'extra parts'.

there are several links on the forum ads and many who have pages of parts..... and, much advice. not all of the advice is correct.....but it is FREE.

Last edited:

OOC-MB1

Feb 5, 2011
California
Thanks all... looks like i just do little maintenance and take it easy and i should be good for many miles.
I was impressed with shipping..very quick.
thanks again.

lamasbla

Jun 19, 2011
WI
I got mine from RAW motors it was my first build but i can tell its a good one. They gave me plenty of extras and nothing was missing. Fires up imediatly every time!!!

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I love raw motors. Free shipping on parts, great warranty, price matching, quality product, good customer service. Plus, they used to send the sprockets with disc mount holes predrilled, and still send kits off with U style universal mounts, not T style. Stuff like that makes a difference to me.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, recently in the last 8 months or so they stopped doing only wholesale and began doing individual consumer sales.

I'm also pretty certain that the "Jet" motor is a Raw.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
I have a RAW, I got from Jim and it is VERY nice. Good quality engine. (LOL) It revs like no other and I have a top speed of over 40 MPH. It's a nice engine and I don't think you can go wrong with one. Good Luck.

Cheers,
Vista

lamasbla

Jun 19, 2011
WI
Lol hey I will tell you this if your in a area that noise does not matter unscrew the tip on ur exhaust and and you will notice an enormous power difference I'm nearly 200 pounds and this little China bike makes me feel like I'm on a 125cc trust me just try it

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
...which does nothing more than remove backpressure and give you a ghetto bottom end torque.

As well, that has nothing to do with this thread.

Last edited:

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Goat, you are 100% correct. And lamasbla, I know my way around these engines, thanks. I have an open header on my bike, I know how to get power. I wouldnt put the performance parts on any other type of engine. F.Y.I. for next time, try to stay on topic, it helps out everyone.

Have Fun,
Vista

ERNIE123

Aug 17, 2011
florida
Ok I have to man up.Fed Ex just left my home.I apoligize to Raw Motors for the statements I have made.They actually shipped on the day I ordered,it took Fed Ex twice as long as the shipping estimates posted on the web site.

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
That's why I asked.

Tracking info is not always right, shipping delays happen. Raw motors is not a huge call center like nationwide access llc either, so don't expect people to be waiting at the phone at your beckon call.

I'm glad you got your motor. Enjoy it - they're the best on the market.