so there i was

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Offense Date: 8/7/2009
Charge: TAXI: VIOLATION OF COMPANY DRESS STANDARDS
Amount: $309.00
Convenience Fee: $2.00

This is part of my receipt for not wearing socks as a taxi driver. As a result I quit driving the cab...city lost $30 a day revenue for however long I might have kept driving...went back on unemployment...drawing bit over $800 every 2 weeks bored to death...tell me who won? Nobody IMO.

Keep in mind a lot of drivers in Dallas drive cabs wearin sandles in the summertime. They did me a favor by making me get to the point of seeing the futility of the cab business.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
I drove and also owned a taxi for 3 r 4 years awhile back. It really is a good deal of responsabilty working with the public like that, more then most realise.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
It was $195 rest is for missing court date I have no car to get there was part of the problem...if Dallas jail wasn't such a zoo I would have rode it out in jail. I figured if I got in some stupid fight in there I could very well get in real trouble. I drove transit bus here 11 years not sure I could put up with the cr*p. I was born here in 1961 never thought I'd grow to dislike this town.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Just peeking around here... looking for a lost thread.

I remember reading it. I remember posting to it. Just can't seem to find it now.
We killed it - we try to avoid political "debates" (partic ones that don't involve MBs) as they cause undue drama every time, sorry about that man but ppl were gettin ruffled already...

Any problems/questions regarding such please feel free to PM me ;)

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It was $195 rest is for missing court date I have no car to get there was part of the problem...if Dallas jail wasn't such a zoo I would have rode it out in jail. I figured if I got in some stupid fight in there I could very well get in real trouble. I drove transit bus here 11 years not sure I could put up with the cr*p. I was born here in 1961 never thought I'd grow to dislike this town.
You shoulda rode your bike to court.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Yea then get my $400 bike stolen on top of the rest. I thought my neighbor was gonna take me but she backed out the last minute. I am about 7 miles from transit no good place to leave bike.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
We killed it - we try to avoid political "debates" (partic ones that don't involve MBs) as they cause undue drama every time, sorry about that man but ppl were gettin ruffled already...

Any problems/questions regarding such please feel free to PM me ;)
I guess its too much trouble to email anyone whose post has been deleted is it?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
When posts are deleted, we don't send out a reason to the poster usually. Sometimes they just dissapear in the middle of the night.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
you missed the third one....
religion
politics
and ford vs chevy cause chevy people are ignorant!!!hahaha just kidding chevy people i dont need alot of hate messages from you

i say imports ftw!! but nothing beats classic ford, modern fords different though