Ever dump gas on genitals ?

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
My gas tank mounts came off so i had the tank upside down on my shorts--thought it was empty and a whole lot of gas went on you know where--yahoo iam on fire !! i didnt need to light a match--cool water was dumped onto things and after half an hour it subsided.
Only if you are real bored or sleepy would i recommend this procedure !!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Robin, I had an old Dodge van and had to pick my daughter up at camp in the interior.
Filled the van up with gas and it spit back all over me from the waist down.
Could not change, wash or anything for over 5 hr.
Peeled like it was sun burn.

Steve.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
LoL yep I fight wildland fire and I am a sawyer so I have had gas on my crotch. Different people have different reaction. One of my buddies had gas leak down his back because of how we carry saws out there (slewn over the shoulder). No big deal we are all miserable it doesn't matter right. Wrong!, he was rushed out of camp with 3rd degree chemical burns all over his back.....It's the ethanol, that guy was a fire fighter for years and has always carried his saw like that and never had a problem. That was when they first started putting ethanol in all the gas around here. I love the idea of going green, I am not dissing ethanol in any way, but that was what was wrong with my buddy.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Back before Bic and other disposable lighters everyone carried Zippos. You haven't lived until you drop a freshly filled Zippo, or Ronson in your front pants pocket and have it leak. Lighter fluid is about 99% Naphtha and after it soaks into your skin it begins to feel more like napalm.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tell you another thing that tends to alter your sense of reality.
When your 12 years old and you clean the tracks of your Lionel train and put the steel wool soaked with turpentine in the front pocket of your pants.
The only thing that stirs thing up like that is the pretty girl that sits 2 rows over in home room.

Steve.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
lol been there, had some 106 octane come out of my sport bike when the latch for the gas tank broke, and then i went over a bump, and about a coke can's worth went right into my lap.as some of you may know, i ride most of the time with only a t-shirt,gym shorts,helmet, and house sandals. that gas gave me an alkali burn due to the additives. it is the most painful thing on any skin, you touch it, then it burns, you put water on it,then it burns, you put aloe vera, you jump to the ceiling, long story short, its not fun. .bf.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Sort of if you consider head to toe oil baths. You can't sweat when covered in oil makes you get real hot.

I've had my share of crude oil baths working on work over rigs in the oil field and as an operator for a major oil company , covered from head to toe in crude oil.
I hated the asphalt based oil the most it would get into the pores of your skin made you look like you had black spots all over you had to wear it off.
If you ever went to a place with a black light you would glow green! No matter what type oil you had rolled in even after you washed it all off. I been burned by propane, freeze burns thats not much fun. Lot of chemicals in the oil field to play with any of you guys ever work on mercury fill gas meters? That stuff will make you twitch if you mess with it long enough.Been on fire a couple of times real fire the rig caught fire from an out of control oil well we were working on. Luckily never got burned too badly. Worse burns I ever got was at a fire fighting school got really toasted on my face and hands fighting a propane fire 6 of us got lit up due to some stupid instructors putting on the school. After I got burned I would not play their fire fighting games anymore told them I' walk home first, we were in Mustang, Ok. Home was in Pounding Mill, Va. at the time.
Norman

jimraysr

Apr 19, 2008
Glendale, AZ
You beat me to that Zippo story. We would fill them till the cotton and felt was saturated, then re assemble. Good, but the heat from you leg through the pocket will make the good old Ronson Fuel expand and make you wish you could strip off your jeans right there in public. )

Jim

Back before Bic and other disposable lighters everyone carried Zippos. You haven't lived until you drop a freshly filled Zippo, or Ronson in your front pants pocket and have it leak. Lighter fluid is about 99% Naphtha and after it soaks into your skin it begins to feel more like napalm.
Tom

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Tom
yeah, i've got an antique lighter collection. good luck passing out drunk with one of them in yer pocket. i think there's a flip-arm lighter tattooed into my thigh...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
oh, and you gotta love it when you're cleaning a carb and you spray carb cleaner into one hole, and the opposite hole is the one aimed right at your eye. now i don't feel so bad for those gophers we used to chase out...

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You beat me to that Zippo story. We would fill them till the cotton and felt was saturated, then re assemble. Good, but the heat from you leg through the pocket will make the good old Ronson Fuel expand and make you wish you could strip off your jeans right there in public. )

Jim
Lift up the felt, fill to soak the cotton only once, replace felt and slide it all back together.
The felt is there to act as a safety absorber.
The boys do not like naptha, and yes, I too know first hand what it is like.
After the alarming event I washed and washed in the shower for 45 minuits and it helped.

SUNNYLAND SLIM

Aug 31, 2009
sunnyland
Tom
been there Brother....only happend once.HHMMM that makes me wounder were my Zippo is.