After Market Heads Better Cooling

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Was reading an add somewhere that some aftermarket heads provide for better cooling. Any thoughts or experience?
Definitely!
The stock head doesn't have enough mass and the cooling fin area is
undersized when you start getting more performance out of the China Girl.

Take a look at the heads on 50 cc mopeds and Morini's......

Yes, I am very biased but the best head on the market bar none is from
CR Machine. That's why the fastest racers use them.

Fred at CR Machine sponsors the SoCal Motor Bicycle Races and has given
out a lot of heads as prizes.

They come in 3 combustion chamber sizes and look damn good too.

www.crmachine.com

CR Machine head on the most powerful China Girl on the planet.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
OTOH the stock head is just fine for stock HP. For street riding stock HP is more than enough. I run my bikes very hard in Texas heat and have never had a problem with overheating.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
As with biknut I have never had any overheating issues with my engines running them hard in the harsh central Texas heat, but I will say I do really like the look of that head and plan to try one of the milder chambered h ads in he future.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
Yeah, very cool looking head. Maybe I'm trying justify buying the head because of how it looks. I am a natural born tinkerer though. Just can't seem to leave well enough alone. Thanks for the reply.

Jbomb

May 19, 2012
Wichita, KS.
I use a CR Machine "Fred Head", and it has much better cooling capacity. It also has a real squish band that provides more efficient combustion. Cooler and more efficient allows the engine to produce more power. I can ride for miles near top speed with no worry of overheating, too. I think the CR Machine head is worth every penny. The 7.2cc combustion chamber size head is at or near stock compression.