AGK Jackshaft and Shaft Spacer

GoldenMotor.com

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Boy do I need some help on this. Does anyone know where to buy these spacers?

After taking the jackshaft apart and making it work on the Predator engine I came across a shaft spacer clipped to the jackshaft. I see where it is supposed to be used on the shaft prior to putting the centrifugal clutch on the shaft.

My problem is it made the clutch mount too far out and did not line up with the sprocket on the jackshaft.

So, I trimmed it with a hacksaw and then broke 3 of them when I tightened down on the clutch spacer and bolt in the end of the shaft.

Went to Menards, Lowes and 2 auto supply places to find some more, hopefully made out of a sturdier metal. No luck.

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Scotto,

This is what the spacer looks like after I tried trimming it down.

I see AGK sells them but if you want 1/4 inch they want you to add $6.20 to the order. I just wanted to pick up a few different sizes.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Scotto,

This is what the spacer looks like after I tried trimming it down.

I see AGK sells them but if you want 1/4 inch they want you to add $6.20 to the order. I just wanted to pick up a few different sizes.
Yes, you can use all different types of tubing (steel, aluminum, etc.) that have that same inside diameter. I've used old seatpost tubes, off-cuts of threaded or non-threaded steerer tube, frame tubing or whatever is lying around in the garage.

Saves you money and you can custom cut the perfect size ;)