Whizzer motor

GoldenMotor.com

tommer2

May 7, 2011
Dahlonega, Georgia
Hi Guys, Which vintage motor should I choose, the H or the J model and why? It's going on my 1950 Hornet. Thanks in advance..wee.
Thanks man!! No I didn't. I set the picture up like that to "remember " how it was when I was a kid!! The Hornet and I are the same age!!! I've been restoring this for a while! Thanks again for the kind remarks!.wee.

1941ford

Dec 18, 2011
shirley ny
the j and h motors are basically the same internally but the j jug has an extra fin by the intake exhaust port 5 vers 4 on the h model the fins are larger on the J also. the j intake is designed to use the carter N series carb ,they both hold 6oz oil a good upgrade for both would be to use 8oz of oil,that would require a tall breather and the later dip stick or you can mark the H stick at the 8oz level.there both good motors and pretty common but expect to pay more ffor the J motor... im not sure if your deluxe chainguard will clear engine,most use the smaller feather guard,you will also have to notch the rear fender for belt clearence,at any rate you did a fine job on tha bike..al