chrysler power bee 82006

GoldenMotor.com

Fakauffee

May 29, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
has anyone ever put a chrysler power bee 82006 or us820 motor in a bike?

I have the original chrysler power bee 82006 from my rokon after I rebuilt with a honda ohv motor.

I think this would be a great motor for a bike.

The carb can be mounted in three different spots

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Very cool.....Id never heard of these motors.... so i googled them and seen one in a video. It sounded nice, very very nice.

Are they a 2 stroke? How many cc?

And Chrysler designed the motor? If its anything like the slant 6 in my Chrysler/Valiant, it will go forever, and ever!!!!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Power Bee sounds like a name for a muscle car... how cool would it be to make a Chrysler musclecar inspired motoredbike build called the Power Bee?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
There was/are a Kart class for these. I ran one, quite a power house on a pipe. There were plenty of speed parts available including a cool 2 carb set up. Anywhere from 7-14hp depending on tune. Some were even used in the early ultralights.

Fakauffee

May 29, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I am missing the other clutch half and the clutch that went on the albion 3 spd tranny, which is why it is hanging on the wall and not in my rokon. when I put it in a bike I will just use a centrifugal clutch.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Yeah I see that, looks like it had a Comet torque converter. These were derived from the old Westbend engines. They were great engines, same company made cook ware too! We raced WB engines when I was a kid in the 60s on the first racing Karts in the South, usually had two engines. The Rokon is a whole chapter of history in itself!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Wow! My small engine repair/ electronics teacher in Junior High School had about 20 of these engines donated to the class. I tried soooo bad to get one from him, but they were school property, he could not sell even one of them. I did not even know that they were Chrysler engines until now. I remember them being very well built, small, easy to work on, and surprisingly powerful with the pipe he made for them.
They are about the size of a Honda or Hua Sheng engine and yes, 2-stroke.

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Yeah I see that, looks like it had a Comet torque converter. These were derived from the old Westbend engines. They were great engines, same company made cook ware too! We raced WB engines when I was a kid in the 60s on the first racing Karts in the South, usually had two engines. The Rokon is a whole chapter of history in itself!
My 1989 Rokon with the chrysler 2 stroke was mated to a salsbury torque converter. The chrysler was a stout engine

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
WOW! does that bring back memories! I bought a US820 new around 2001, spec as a Kart engine, bought the hop up parts from a guy in Ohio, dont remember his company. He was big in to cryrogenically treating the parts. He had the pipes mounts and the 2 carb set up. There was no class in the area so I ran with the Yamaha races just for fun, was competive with them. Any way you better find a well built bike with good brakes. On the right track, with the proper gearing 100mph wasnt out of the question