I'm thankful because...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It's thanksgiving morning and I am thankful because I woke up, and because I woke up in a warm dry house, in the United States of America.

I am a backsliding baptist, but I thank my God for the things I have been fortunate enough to have accumulated, and for the people I have been fortunate enough to call friends along the way. Thank you my Christian God.

For those of you of different religions this is not meant to denigrate your religion, only to express my beliefs in a supreme being. We don't have to worship the same God, so long as we believe in something with higher powers that keeps us moving in the right direction. You respect my beliefs and I will respect yours.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: I"m thankful because...

Right on Deacon!

I thank God every day for everything in my life. Today I will cook a big turkey and have family over and just do nothing but be happy.

I have a perfect life as far as I can tell, and that's enough for me.

Thank God.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I am unemployed and really would rather be working but I gotta say it has been a nice break from the rat race. I guess I am most thankful for the ability to be content in whatsoever state I am in. I know how to both be abased and how to abound. I know when I was much younger and homeless (was a short time maybe a year) I fretted about a lot of things I could do nothing about. I know my situation is temporary and I've seen God change my life's direction in some unusual ways...I am always amazed in retrospect when I see His great hand at work in my life and those around us.

Happy Thanksgiving...have faith I know things are not smooth sailing right now for a lot of folks...fear is the dark room where negatives develope...think on the good things! Perservere!