wow

GoldenMotor.com

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
just gotta vent a little and i feel i have freinds here, after 10 yrs i just went through a buyout of the company i worked for and at 10 am this morning i got kicked out the door. i am now unemployed. welcome to corporate america,. 2and1/2 yrs out of retirement and these jerks decided i make too much money, wo is me

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Frank,
I'm hanging by a thread myself. At least the house is paid off, I have a pension coming in, (if it doesn;t go belly up like so many others), and my job is a day to day proposition. Whatever happened to retirement security? I'm more concerned with health care than anything. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll see some of my Social Security before I check out. Good luck. Something will come along, I'm sure. hang in there.
Tom

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
That's first on the list for the bean counter micromanagement team....Payroll..not the names of the people on it...happened to me a couple of times..least you got a buyout or what they used to call severance pay...move on dont look back

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Worst or best I ever heard of was a company that had a fire drill and then a management team came out with a bull horn and told everyone that they could try thier pass cards in the door.
If they worked you still had a job and if not, your personal property would be delivered tomorrow morning by a courier service.

Frank, I'm sorry to hear it happend to you. Hope things work out OK.

Steve.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
You've my sympathies man - I hope things work out for ya.

If my company ever figured out just how much money they're wasting - I'd prolly be one of the first they'd cut. Fortunately they're pretty clueless when it comes to such things lol, thank gawd for "family businesses" :D

Hey - at least now ya can get some "quality time" FTW

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Companies that do that are scum bags.
"Oh, let's see....who's five days from full retirement? Put them at the top of the **** list."

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So what are you plans Frank?

How dire is this situation? Can you just sit back for a week or two and contemplate your next move?

I hope you can.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Worst or best I ever heard of was a company that had a fire drill and then a management team came out with a bull horn and told everyone that they could try thier pass cards in the door.
If they worked you still had a job and if not, your personal property would be delivered tomorrow morning by a courier service.

Frank, I'm sorry to hear it happend to you. Hope things work out OK.

Steve.
That one is even worse than this: I had a boss once who fired a female receptionist during the company Christmas party. He took her aside and told her not to come back after the holidays...Now that's cold.
Tom

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
hey thanks guys, it isnt really that bad i got a pretty good severance package and with that and unemployment im ok can tap into the old 401 k in 4 more months, think ill just kick back and build scooters for a while, be a good house hubby and all that good stuff. wish they would have done it 2 weeks ago i would have come down to the race and shown you guys how its done, thanks again people i just had to vent a little, frank, oh and im not the only one that got the ax

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
hey thanks guys, it isnt really that bad i got a pretty good severance package and with that and unemployment im ok can tap into the old 401 k in 4 more months, think ill just kick back and build scooters for a while, be a good house hubby and all that good stuff. wish they would have done it 2 weeks ago i would have come down to the race and shown you guys how its done, thanks again people i just had to vent a little, frank, oh and im not the only one that got the ax
Frank, If that happened to me, I would call it "good news".
Enjoy your next phase, it's the beginning of a great adventure.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
I see us like races horses waiting behind the gate, ready to go !

Gas has been going up in price and the higher it goes the more people want to buy motorized bicycles !

Getting our country off imported oil and us using less oil is still very important and we are on the front line !

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
When Bush the Second came on TV and tried to get the American people to approve putting the Social Security money the goverment has (or had!) in the stock market, I knew it was the beginning of the end.