Engine Problems...

GoldenMotor.com

lilffihn

Oct 18, 2009
Winona MN (southeast MN)
Ok Everyone I Have Some Problems Ill Be Riding Perfectly Fine And Then It Seems Like I Lose All Power...the Engine Is Still Some What Running But I Can't Move At All...could It Be The Fuel Line Has To Many Air Bubles?????could That Really Be A Problem??? Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If there is a LOT of air bubbles in yer fuel line - it could be a sign of engine vibration frothing the fuel...

But, as Draken mentioned, we need a bit more detail to help ya ;)

So - it'll start and run fine, then conk out on ya? Does it recover? How long does it take to sort itself out? How long can you ride/what speeds before there's a problem?

I know it's so obvious it's silly - but have you gone over your engine to make sure everything is proper? Nothings loosened up on ya?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
It could be fuel related, but I doubt it's too much air agitation. Have you removed the fuel tank in tank screen and are you using an external filter? Can you take fuel bowl off and make sure there isn't something in there that plugs the main jet?

I would however look at the spark plug as a first suspect?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Always check the plug first, it will give you (usually) some indication of your engines state of tune, especially if it's fuel related.

Then as stated above, check/clean the whole fuel system.

These tanks are notoriously cruddy inside when shipped.
(rust/funk/paint chips/bugs/cigarette, or some kind of ashes/ect.)
I have seen all of the above.