Race bike

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nuthin' wrong with the Cyclops.....a hard tire too beat in every way (price, performance and looks). I like them as much as the hookworms now and you can't get the hookies in 24" anymore...

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
I got bored last night and decided to take some measurements of my bike as it is:
wheelbase measurement 42"
front height at handlebars 38"
rear height at seat 33"
total length of bike front edge of front to edge of rear wheel 64"

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
put on a new fred engine sunday with the enlarged phbg plenum for the 21 mm carb and snake pipe 6cc chamber head

running a little on the hotter side at higher rpms 292 F higher than its been getting ,

i have a 76 main jet and a 45 idle jet clip in bottom position and mixture screw pretty well out.

running 87 octane and maxima 927 32 to 1

seeing what this new balanced engine does after break in

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
today on a long flat i was winding out 8700 rpms and~ 39.0 mph after the engine got hot. it 4 strokes hard until it gets up to about 200 degrees then it really pulls hard. I still am not sure how my performance is stacking up to other higher modified engines.

I need to take some links out of my pedal chain. Right now I have to pedal up to about 15 to really shoot off into the powerband. i cant apply full force without skipping or jumping teeth, a product of running a derailer on a single speed freewheel 20. it runs good if i put on the 7 speed but cant get the hammer down on this single speed freewheel. If i were more dedicated id probably space out and just put bmx 25x9 gearing on. Not much luck getting straight chainlines for me. Don't know what my problem is

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
messing with my case saver today. measured the aluminium, it is .25 thick.

I had tried with lesser skills to drill holes to mount it about 2 years ago and i ended up drilling 3 holes (one extra) to get it to mount, then i always had slight pedal clearance issues with the case where the nuts stuck out on the outside of the clutch arm cover. well i filled those holes with a weld and i am going to try to drill and tap the hole so i don't have a nut or bolt sticking out where my pedals can hit.

Noticed when welding the cast case that all kinds of lovely stuff came up to the surface.

Attachments

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
broke another mounting stud in the front of the motor flush with the case. going ot get a left hand drill bit and or a ex-3 extractor hansen will take pictures later, replacing everything with socket head caps screws, tired of dealing with this stuff. Loctite blue too.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
had ordered bikebobbers mounts for my engine after having trouble breaking engine mounts on 4 different occasions ready to see if those make a difference in smoothness

snorks

Jan 16, 2009
Africa
It doesnt have to be badly engineered or dangerous! Honda and the other big manufacturers used to do it. Not sure if they still do.

Cheers
Simon