99cc preditor mount question

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I can't tell you first hand, but that's prolly how you're gonna see mine when I start my personal new daily rider build. I don't see a problem with it at all as long as you have your carb mounted level. Might just tilt it a hair back from actual vertical of the piston stroke.

.wee.

Last edited:

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
im going to invert it slightly like on my roadmaster. i think ill be ok. thanks again for your imput..

glenn

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
I think you should file the front face of the oil dipper flat or cup it slightly to add a safety margin for oiling the topend. It's sort of rounded as cast from the factory.

Just my $.02

MHF

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well as it turns out i didnt mount the preditor vertical anyway i went with something i used on a previous build worked pretty good. im putting this on what i believe is a 53 schwinn. i need a daily rider ive been riding my 212 roadmster like crazy but i want to keep it in nice shape so i figure to get this 99cc preditor a shot before the snow flies so whatch think?

glenn

Attachments

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Looks good. I have a mid-60s Chicago Schwinn canti frame very similar to that up in the rafters of my storage shed. I've been wondering how well a 99cc HF would fit in there. These engines really are just about the idea size for a cruiser based MB build. What kind of clamps are you using ?

MHF

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
engine plate is 1/8 plate, yea that kick stand was one of my better ideas i think the bike fell over about 10 times that day LOL!! i took the bike out for atest ride today with a bunch of buddys my little scooter gang and i could only get 34 mph a little disapointed i had to gear down and install a black spring to reduce annoying vibrations from the clutch now i have no top end.running 10/20/10/54 anyone have any sugestions i got whipped by a honda metropoliton how lame is that!! might be loosing a little speed due to the fact im running a 10 amp generator for lighting.. which buy the way is working great

glenn

Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
well as it turns out i didnt mount the preditor vertical anyway i went with something i used on a previous build worked pretty good. im putting this on what i believe is a 53 schwinn. i need a daily rider ive been riding my 212 roadmster like crazy but i want to keep it in nice shape so i figure to get this 99cc preditor a shot before the snow flies so whatch think?

glenn
I'm about to pull the trigger and go with this mounting method, looks economical and sturdy. But my question is: how to you get the final drive from the jackshaft to the rear wheel? It looks like the bearing portion of that jackshaft plate is so big that there is no room on the drive side of the seat tube for any pulleys/cogs?

But then I looked at your 212HF Schwinn Delmar thread and is looks like there is enough room in this pic, so is your engine relatively centered on the frame?:

Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
i cut the jackshaft bearing holder that is why you need the pillow block bearing
Ahhh, makes sense. I just bought 4 of those 1-1/8" mirror mounts and decided to mount my 79cc engine vertically. Plan on using 2 mounts for the engine, and 2 mounts staggered for jackshaft pillow blocks. Will post pics of the concept on my "Cheap B@stard" build thread in DIY once I get it sorted out.

Thanks.