Choppers & Stretch Cruisers How Many Is To Many?

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Work has been slow here for me on the east coast of the USA, but I've been able to pickup quite a few more bikes off craigslist this year for future builds!

These Schwinn Stingray Choppers were bought thru Craigslist some were $30.00 some were $60.00, some were never ridden, as well some were thoroughly abused and will be scavenged for parts!

I'm curious how many bikes are too many, my wife says I have to many!

What do you think, and how many bikes have you managed to accumulate this year?

I keep telling her these are for future builds, I've agreed to thin my collection out if she rewards me with a new re-issue Gibson Les Paul Custom....hope it works...LOL.

Show us your collection, and please do say when or how many is enough a couple Choppers / Stretch Cruisers or 5, 10, 15, 20, or more?

Peace C.H.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Thanks Ron, I'll make sure she doesn't read this post, but a deal is a deal, she has her new Diamond ring, dammit now wheres my new re-issue Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty!

How many is too many...how dare you ask..Don't show this thread to your wife..you won't be happy.
Thegnu, thanks for posting and I agree, I'll get rid of 40 bikes for each new Gibson, now you got me thinking, I kinda like the Gibson SG Custom also!!!

I will back you up, one les paul or 40 bikes, just let me talk to your wife . lol
Peace C.H.

YoungRatRod

Oct 19, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
Work has been slow here for me on the east coast of the USA, but I've been able to pickup quite a few more bikes off craigslist this year for future builds!

These Schwinn Stingray Choppers were bought thru Craigslist some were $30.00 some were $60.00, some were never ridden, as well some were thoroughly abused and will be scavenged for parts!

I'm curious how many bikes are too many, my wife says I have to many!

What do you think, and how many bikes have you managed to accumulate this year?

I keep telling her these are for future builds, I've agreed to thin my collection out if she rewards me with a new re-issue Gibson Les Paul Custom....hope it works...LOL.

Show us your collection, and please do say when or how many is enough a couple Choppers / Stretch Cruisers or 5, 10, 15, 20, or more?

Peace C.H.
Im liking the les paul idea :D

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Not too many. At least its not 40 girlfriends. If you are going to thin the herd Ive been looking for a reasonablly priced stingray thats in not too rough shape for a while. PM Me.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Chain, I'd love to help you with acquiring a Schwinn Stingray Chopper, however shipping one at 45lbs would not be cost effective. As the cost of the bike would atleast be equal to shipping.

Chain, you can find them on craigslist in fair condition or better for $50.00 and up, here's what I found searching craigslist for Massachusetts:

$50.00
Schwinn Stingray Chopper

$55.00
Schwinn Stingray Orange county chopper

Want to search craigslist in multiple states try my favorite here's another way to search:

type this in your browser:
schwinn stingray chopper site:*.craigslist.org

I'm sure you can find one on craigslist locally much cheaper, here's a link to Craigslist for the state of Massachusetts:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7JXGCw&usg=AFQjCNEwTIogu4biYFAqBzNZO7vegtdBew

Not too many. At least its not 40 girlfriends. If you are going to thin the herd Ive been looking for a reasonablly priced stingray thats in not too rough shape for a while. PM Me.
C.H.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
CH,
Nice herd of ponies. Tell your wife these are investments, which they are. They will increase in value even if you don't use them all for builds. If you do, then you either work very fast or intend to live for a long time. I know you love the chopper style and now have the build worked out in terms of alterations, engine choice and drive system. Half the battle is in figuring that out. There will always be a demand for these classic bikes, especially in the way you build them up into light motorcycles. I'd say you probably don't have enough yet.
SB

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I've always been a strat guy, Crazyhorse, but would sure enjoy a Les Paul or SG !

That being said, I'd INCREASE the herd when you can find 'em for such a good price.
...and I'd also be searching for the great deal on a Gibson at the same time!

Whew! Over the years our boys destroyed my guitars.
Yet did learn to play well.
One of 'em did well in a battle of the bands years back.
Seems like there's always collateral damage, though... to MY stuff!
...I just discovered a broken samick stuffed back in a closet a month or so ago...
Oh well.. at least it wasn't a nice Gibson!

Best
rc

the schwinns are going for $100 here on the left coast, today.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Let's see....Les Paul Custom from the Custom shop, $4-10,000.

Not a cheap bribe by any means. Even a standard Les Paul Custom is $3000.

So, yah, she get's you ANY Les Paul, real Les Paul, I'd be selling off bikes iffin' it was me. Although a $800 Epiphone Les Paul with $250 worth of EMG's is pretty cool, too, but that would be worth only a few bikes gone LOL

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
DaveC,

My original Les Paul Custom was sold back in 1995, for the down payment on my brand new Harley FXDWG ( Dyna Wide Glide ), which I still own!

I will have another Les Paul Custom ( Black Beauty ), eventually!

C.H.
P.S. Yes I still have my Harley!

Let's see....Les Paul Custom from the Custom shop, $4-10,000.

Not a cheap bribe by any means. Even a standard Les Paul Custom is $3000.

So, yah, she get's you ANY Les Paul, real Les Paul, I'd be selling off bikes iffin' it was me. Although a $800 Epiphone Les Paul with $250 worth of EMG's is pretty cool, too, but that would be worth only a few bikes gone LOL

Attachments