Sticking Carb?

GoldenMotor.com

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
I was going to work this morning and as I was coming around a corner, the throttle stuck. I have experienced this before and would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Most of the time it will go back to normal if I bang on the side of the carb, It's almost like the slide in the carb is sticking on something.

Q

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Could try loosening the cap on top of the carb. It doesn't take that much pressure to seal the top ~ that's why they made it so it looks like you should only tighten with your hand.

It could also be the throttle cable not turning back in the cheap plastic throttle tube. They're notorious for breaking if you're at all abusive to them...

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
ok this is what i would try first take slide out of carb loosin cable so it doent pull run the slide in and out (thats what she said) and see if its sticking then take off slide from cable make sure the cable housing is tight against throttle and it is twisted foreward then grab the cable end and twist the throttle back and forth pulling and retracting if there is resistance your cable might be twisted rusted or have some dirt in there or it could b the rather low quality of the twisg grip

hope this helps

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Happen to me with stock carb. I took some steel wool and wound it up and put it in my drill and lightly honed out the throttle body till my slide action was smooth.

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Only happened just the other day, when I went home from work it did not do it so I guess that it was only temp. Today was one of the best days for riding home, 76 degrees and sunny in beautiful Central Oregon, I almost enjoy riding my MB better than riding my KLR.

Q