zelchco's low-low stretch

GoldenMotor.com

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
i had to try my luck with a stretch build so here i go.. I had always loved the look of the stretch frame so i knew i would get one one day.. that day has come... She sits on 24" wheels with a 20" bent springer fork. this bike is crazy low and its going to be nuts to ride.
I will post more pics when i get home from work.

Attachments

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
That things gonna be nuts! I have a friend with a stretch, and him and everyone else I know of with them mount the motor forward and up, just a thought. Can't wait to see the final pictures.

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
yeah i like how the motor looks when its in the front but i was worried about the chain being so long and wasnt sure if the motor would be secure enough like that. it seams like it would be able to slide from side to side.

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
hey thanks. yeah man the mount was real simple. i got a 90' angle from HD and bent it to a 45' and it fit spot on... i road the bike to work this morning and it was running great till the back tire blew up on me..

im looking into air-less tires now..

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
well that motor mount cracked on the bend so i made one out of thick ass stanless steel and that cracked the same way... now im trying to figure out a way to mount the front.. thinking if i weld it it might be stronger..

she was running great while it lasted.. im so low to the ground.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe I have a bad habit of being the guy that blows things up, but i'd be worried about water down the tail pipe or catching the fumes off the gas tank with the heat of the exhaust.. BOOM!

Other than that, that thing looks bad azz!

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
thanks for the input..

i think the bike handles real good at high and low speeds, but i have been riding lowider bikes for 15 yrs others may have to practice at low speed for a while.

i did filp the pipe the correct way and it was on the ground so i had to chop it at the can. this thing is super loud and strong. i was looking at the poopoo pipe or thinking of modding my stocker pipe.. still up in the air..

what does the poopoo have to offer over the stock?

i will take some new pics when the rain stops.. any day now

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe I have a bad habit of being the guy that blows things up, but i'd be worried about water down the tail pipe or catching the fumes off the gas tank with the heat of the exhaust.. BOOM!

Other than that, that thing looks bad azz!
ummm gasoline needs spark to ignite. Unless that tailpipe is a flame thrower than
id say that its good to go. As for the water in the tail pipe you shouldn't get water in your tail pipe even in the straight up position cause you would most likely have the motor running causing the water to be dissipated,evaporated and or dispersed before even coming close to entering the tail pipe.

Last edited:

classic52

May 31, 2010
pacoima ca
i have my bikes exhaust cut at the muffler too. sounds sick. a lil loud but its cool non the less. makes it feel like it has more power too.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
hey, thanks for taking the comedy out of the comment and crapping in the cornflakes.

As for the water in the tailpipe, unless it's kept indoors and out of rain while it's **NOT** running, you do risk getting water in your gear.

I didn't even get into how the upturned exhaust pipe could potentially burn the rider.. I have enough minor burns on my leg from running mine correctly to even want to think about one on my arm..

The Poo-poo pipe has a longer pipe.. They can be found at Spookytooth..

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
My concern would be breathing the exhaust and oil on the eyeballs,,,,I was thinking that reversing the jug so's the carb's up front and there is lots of room w/the engine where it is for decor and the carb......................