New engine inspection

GoldenMotor.com

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
Have any of you guys come up with a good pre-run check list for these motors? I feel like I should give it a good look before I try to run it............ dnut

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
yeah check your gas tank nuts and mounting studs. my gas tank nuts fell off and one of my rear engine mounts fell out and the engine stayed on my bike all the way home and i retightened everything.

GMulhollan

May 25, 2009
Texas
I have to second inspecting the mounting studs. My engine mounting studs were bent upon arrival. I took this as a sign to get them out. I removed front/rear and exhaust studs. Interestingly the exhaust studs had the cad-plate look to them and were the only ones that had some thread lock on them. I got a stick of high grade 6x1mm threaded rod at my bolt shop and this weekend it will be transformed into 6 studs. If you do this, don't forget to dress the ends (file or grind). I find that running a new nut over the end lets me feel any bad spots. Then, clean, add a little thread lock and install. Best metal on the engine!

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I have decided to replace the studs and I already checked for gasket interference and wow the really stuck out into the intake port! I got one of those Creative Engineering clutch kits and a sprocket adapter. I should be done soon! .sno.