Simplex Servi-cycle Military Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Bob Gurkin

Jan 1, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone in here ever heard of a Clinton engine being used by Simplex to put in bike being built for the US Army in WW2? I was reading it someplace and forgot to bookmark it and now can't find it again. I figured that with as many motor guys we have in here someone must have seen it if it ever existed. In the mean time thanks to those who have contributed to the Simplex forum at simplex-servicycle.com

KICKSTART

Mar 24, 2014
Texas
Has anyone in here ever heard of a Clinton engine being used by Simplex to put in bike being built for the US Army in WW2? I was reading it someplace and forgot to bookmark it and now can't find it again. I figured that with as many motor guys we have in here someone must have seen it if it ever existed. In the mean time thanks to those who have contributed to the Simplex forum at simplex-servicycle.com
I have had Simplexs for many years but never seen a Clinton engine one one, only the 125-150 cc factory style.

KICKSTART

Mar 24, 2014
Texas
I am looking at a pic of a Simplex Senior Sprotsman with a 12 hp engine. Not sure what type engine it is. i am going to blow up the pic and see if I can identify it.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
simplex tried many things and documented little....I wouldnt say its impossible. especially if they were looking at a military version (goverment may not have wanted smokey 2 strokes)