problem with EPA

GoldenMotor.com

poppyzhao

Mar 26, 2013
china
Hey Guys, is there any one import the kit from China? Is EPA necessary for importing in US? Which state don't need it? Or how to import the kit without EPA?
I know if buy with Air Mail like Fedex, there is no need of EPA, but what if by sea? How to operate...
Can i ask this question in the forum...?.wee.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Hey Guys, is there any one import the kit from China? Is EPA necessary for importing in US? Which state don't need it? Or how to import the kit without EPA?
I know if buy with Air Mail like Fedex, there is no need of EPA, but what if by sea? How to operate...
Can i ask this question in the forum...?.wee.
The EPA is a Federal regulation, so it applies to ALL states. If you want to import a quantity of motors to the USA for resale they are going need to have the EPA approval. I think I recall talk about ordering/importing kits from over seas without the EPA getting involved, however, I'm pretty sure that was limited ordering one kit for personal use that was not intended for resale...

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Yes unfortunately you have to either get an EPA certification or import the motors as parts and assemble them in the US. It is rumored to cost some absurd amount of money to get a certification (~$20,000 or something and it takes some sort of lab test run of the engine for a long period of time) I know that many are also smuggling engines in illegally. If theres a will theres a way... good luck -MOTO

poppyzhao

Mar 26, 2013
china
Yes unfortunately you have to either get an EPA certification or import the motors as parts and assemble them in the US. It is rumored to cost some absurd amount of money to get a certification (~$20,000 or something and it takes some sort of lab test run of the engine for a long period of time) I know that many are also smuggling engines in illegally. If theres a will theres a way... good luck -MOTO
Yes, i heard that too, it will cost about $20,000 to get the certificate and it will need to register a new certificate every year...