Has this happened to yours?

GoldenMotor.com

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
After its had an engine on it this image just looks like a skeleton of it's old self. That rear bracket mounting the engine to the rear engine mount post cracked in half. Luckily I secured a replacement from Jim at pedalchopper.com. Awesome business man if you need it he'll help you find it or get it.
I've had it sitting since I posted a while back about the carburetor cracking and today I stripped it down to assess the damages.
I took the rear wheel off also to prevent the chain from slightly rubbing the tire. I'm going to use a few washers on each of the hub adapters bolts to space it out away from the tire. I've gotten enough tire scrappings on that back rim that I had to say 'no more'.
I'm repacing the cylinder the carb and the rear wheel since a couple of the spokes have popped out of place around the hub adapter.
Can't wait to get back on the road (or side of it atleast). I've missed alot of great 'Texas weather' riding days since being sidelined for a while.

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
But wait?!?!?
I have been told hub adapters won't break spokes?!?!?
Am I going crazy?!?!?
Is this a nightmare?!?!?
What's next? Cats and Dogs playing together!??!?!?!
Say it ain't so!!!!
*snicker*

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
Must have slipped but i don't know how. When I took off the 3 point hub adapter those threads were locked in with locktight. I thought I was gonna bend the allen key.

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
the cracked carb could be from over tightening, as for the mounts, the the bolts most likely lossened while you were riding and cracked due to vibration. does your bike vibrate alot? you might want to look into some vibration dampeners, the more you ride your bike the more you will get used to the normal vibration of your engine, if you notice any change in the sound or vibration of your bike pull over right away and check your bolts.(always carry a tool kit, your going to need it)