Design Logic "Da-Bomb" frame for sale on e bay

GoldenMotor.com

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
a 35 cc subaru or honda ghx 50 can be used, we have over 300 test hours on this design and a 9 th place finish in the 2010 death race on the prototype, we got a flat tire last summer, other than that no problems.

2dialed

Feb 5, 2012
socal
hi lance i really like your bike and would like to know more about the design and how u came up the cofiguration. it took many weeks of searching on this forum as well as others to even find a gas powered cargo bike but i never thought to look in the swap and shop section. i'm not sure of all the forum rules but could u get one of your customers to post up a build? not being a bike builder i just know i would end up several boxes of extra parts cause many componets can fit a frame but it looks like the rear wheel is done to give a good chainline. does that acs freeweel go on the rear sproket? what about the gearbox, is it the inside drive and how come u chose to hang 15 pounds or so on some thin verticle straps instead of mounting it all the way down on the frame from the bottom of the engine

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
The acs south paw freewheel is on a Staton dual drive hub, the gearbox is an inside drive Staton, You can put a Honda GHX 50 cc or a subaru EHO 35cc so a bigger engine sits differently in the frame. We have over 300 test hours and a 9 th place finish on the prototype at the 2010 Death Race and no problems

2dialed

Feb 5, 2012
socal
i hate to keep asking all these dumb questions on your thread, i hope u don't think i'm trolling u. it looks like the honda the taller of the two can still fit lower in the frame but it's hard to tell how close the pedal chain comes to the engine. can u explain the patent and what is patentable. is it the frame itself unique and patentable

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
The frame has a design patent #D633828 Those engines, Subaru eho 35 and the Honda ghx 50 were used to design the mounts and space in the frame for being able to pedal the bike without your heel hitting the engines.