question changing a 47cc to a 49cc

GoldenMotor.com

rohan3ni

Jan 15, 2010
florida
i got the upgrade kit and the 49cc piston head have a arrow on it and also on the saide have a hole does anyone know how this pistion post to go in ?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well, it won't fit in your current cylinder if you just got a bigger piston.

I have never heard of a 47-49cc "upgrade".

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Arrow forward, and make sure the ring line up with the anti rotation pin.
It still won't fit in the stock jug unless you have a real big hammer.

Who sold you this "Upgrade"?

rohan3ni

Jan 15, 2010
florida
i got it on ebay lol. i thought it would of been the same as the 47cc just bigger.

if u go on ebay look up ''MIni Pocket Bike Big Bore Kit 47cc 49cc Engine Upgrade''.

when you say forward you been up or down ?

rohan3ni

Jan 15, 2010
florida
you can look it up on ebay. the piston hole where the pin goes through have 2 sizes. 12mm and 10mm. its a kit. its comes with everything you need to change it over.

and im doing it just for the **** of it. lol

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Put the arrow towards the exhaust side and re assemble it if it is the WHOLE KIT.

Somebody ripped you off....I have 50cc engines and they are actually 47 or 49cc depending on which one you measure. Wasting a bunch of money on 2cc is only going to.....waste money, and time. You SHOULD have bought a 70CC upgrade.

rohan3ni

Jan 15, 2010
florida
i didnt know it had a 70cc upgrade. it was not much for the kit either. and i just wanted something to do. thanks for your help tho. im sure there are ppl out there just like to fix things....... thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So what you are saying is that you bought a pocket bike motor, and an "upgrade kit" to boost it up 2cc? O.K. got it.

Usually, but not always, the arrow/triangle/whatever goes toward the exhaust port. What did the seller tell you? Does he know, or does he "just sell them"?

What are you mounting this on?

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
To paraphrase BikeGuy Joe's signature, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Pocket bike parts won't work in bicycle engines. If you need a rebuild kit for a bicycle engine then go to the establishment you bought the engine from and get replacement parts ONLY from THEM.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
For the record....what engine do you have? What exact parts (kit) did you buy and from what seller?

You've made it sound as if you have bolted up a pocket bike kit to a bicycle motor....or is yours a pocket bike engine?