1951 Whizzer Pacemaker

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I picked up a 1951 Whizzer Pacemaker yesterday in New York. I had bought it on Ebay. I'll be busy for a long time on this one.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I guess with the seat position on a pacemaker that's about where would want em if off the pedals... Come by and grab the plasma cutter anyway... Bye bye pegs...lol

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Very nice find JB! I'll be following this thread now.
Thanks F-Rod. It's going to go slow. It needs lots of parts. George & Ray, a couple friends of mine, stayed overnight at my place last night because they went to the Hershey Swap meet. George is giving me the engine side cover I need. Maybe this thing looks so bad my friends will pity me & give me free parts. :)

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Thanks F-Rod. It's going to go slow. It needs lots of parts. George & Ray, a couple friends of mine, stayed overnight at my place last night because they went to the Hershey Swap meet. George is giving me the engine side cover I need. Maybe this thing looks so bad my friends will pity me & give me free parts. :)
Are there alot of Whizzers at Hershey? I was just at fall Carlisle last weekend and came away slightly disappointed at the lack of motorbikes. Haven't been to the Hershey meet since I lived there 30 years ago.

Thanks, Ed

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
The engine is at Quenton's & the parts that get painted are at Bonnie's brother's. He does all my painting. Now for the wheels.............

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
In my mind those are the ultimate old school motorized bicycle.
I have always kept an eye out for one for sale in my neck-o-the-woods.
I have yet to even see one, period.
I once had a lead on one but it turned out to be a 1970's Solex strapped to some beach cruiser I have never heard of. Asking price... $2500.00. I had to walk away before offending the poor owner. I might have paid $350.00 at best.

I am looking forward to watching your resurrection of this beautiful Whizzer!

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
I'm beating up whether to buy a '47-48 Whizzer Viking, that's in pretty good shape and has the original manual and a collection of parts. Off the bat, I see a couple of incorrect parts, but, it's sporting an "H" motor and was stored indoors, so that's a good thing.

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm beating up whether to buy a '47-48 Whizzer Viking, that's in pretty good shape and has the original manual and a collection of parts. Off the bat, I see a couple of incorrect parts, but, it's sporting an "H" motor and was stored indoors, so that's a good thing.
It looks like a nice old bike.