EZR's 2nd full suspension Project

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Here's a photo of the BoXer after the 2nd heat race. That's second and third place in the backround. It ran okay against the 200+cc 4 strokes. The bike handled good in the turns. That's where I made up most of my time because I was only hitting 41mph on the straight vs 46mph (which the 4 strokers) were hitting. Main thing is I had a blast being under displacement and the underdog.
Thank you MotorBicycleRacing for putting on the races and us NorCal guys appreciate you finishing up early because we got home at 11pm instead of 2-3am
So did you get first place in the race ? if so WOW!!.shft.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
So did you get first place in the race ? if so WOW!!.shft.

I won both heat races then got a lousy start during the main so I only placed second. It was a tough track to pass on. I've tried every racing trick in the book except for dirty tricks and when I finally took the lead, I screwed up and overshot the last turn before the straight. My hat goes off to CCC's son. He raced an awesome race.
The "R&D one man show" team at Pipelyne is working on some things to really make my bike fly!

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Here's a picture of the bike at the track.
This bike is bad ass! You can tell alot of labor and sacrifice went into the R&D and the build. Not to mention money. You guys are the front runners in the Motorized Bike world. Good Job!

I would like to learn more about your motor mods if its alright with you guys.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Dflanagan,
The bike handles good and that's what kept me part of the top 3 Gassers.
As for the motor, well it's a bone stock 11hp h2o morini. I like to play fair so we're leaving it stock but...............Dean's working on putting on a cvt with a slipper clutch to keep the rpms in the power band. Kinda like the same set up as the yellow #74 motorcycle on the track. Now that bike was fast!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Was real fun racing with you Ken. You, Jonathan and I had some great three way battles in the last 2 races of the day. That Morini runs strong and was the only real rival against our big 4-strokes. My bike uses 212cc to put out the same power as your little 50cc.....that's pretty impressive. Real nice bike you have there!

dnut

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Was real fun racing with you Ken. You, Jonathan and I had some great three way battles in the last 2 races of the day. That Morini runs strong and was the only real rival against our big 4-strokes. My bike uses 212cc to put out the same power as your little 50cc.....that's pretty impressive. Real nice bike you have there!

dnut
Thanks Scotto, I had a blast battling it out with your 4 strokers. I definitely need a little more torque coming out of the corners.
I had so much fun that I can't wait for our next race. It was nice meeting you and I look forward to having more battles on the track.
BTW...Dean's building a 4 stroker for me or Dave to run. hehe and I know it's goin to be fast.

Last edited:

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Dflanagan,
The bike handles good and that's what kept me part of the top 3 Gassers.
As for the motor, well it's a bone stock 11hp h2o morini. I like to play fair so we're leaving it stock but...............Dean's working on putting on a cvt with a slipper clutch to keep the rpms in the power band. Kinda like the same set up as the yellow #74 motorcycle on the track. Now that bike was fast!
That's funny you say that, I was researching information about CVT's and Torque Convertors thinking I would use one of the two on my build. I found that the CVT's are nice (keep you in your power band), but if one part wears out on you, to CORRECTLY fix the problem you have to swap the whole CVT out with a new one (all parts wear together). Which would be ok if your building a race bike (big money).

A torque convertor acts as an overdrive system. Which means you could install a really low gear on the rear hub for your torque and use the torque convertor for your top end.
Cool thing with the torque convertor is that if a part wears out on you. You can just replace that one part and be back on the road quickly (less money).

The bad thing with both systems is that they both take away power from the bike. I was trying to find a torque convertor that would engage around 7 to 8,000 rpm. No one seems to sell the tension springs that will engage at that high rpm.

If you know something I don't, please let me know.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
The cvt`s have been the transmission of choice in all Snow Mobiles for near 50 yrs. Of approx 15 owned by me and our children, we have never replaced a part other than drive belts.

Am planning on a go cart type cvt for my current stretch cruiser with the Honda 160cc OHC engine.

Have two rear rack builds using the scooter cvt`s and they work good, but some member`s have had troubles with them. Do not have a lot of miles on mine as my diy shifter gets rode the most.

Getting too difficult getting my leg over the rear mount cvt 50cc 4 stroker. Having trouble with my "premature aging"! lol.

Ron

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I won both heat races then got a lousy start during the main so I only placed second. It was a tough track to pass on. I've tried every racing trick in the book except for dirty tricks and when I finally took the lead, I screwed up and overshot the last turn before the straight. My hat goes off to CCC's son. He raced an awesome race.
The "R&D one man show" team at Pipelyne is working on some things to really make my bike fly!
It's kinda funny that you'ld forget who led the main by 1/3rd of a lap for most of that race till he crashed on the last lap......wait till ya see what I'm working on? ;) Nobody tests or turns wrenches on my bike but me.

dnut

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It's kinda funny that you'ld forget who led the main by 1/3rd of a lap for most of that race till he crashed on the last lap......wait till ya see what I'm working on? ;) Nobody tests or turns wrenches on my bike but me.

dnut
Like I say at the races with a big grin Scotto: "It was your race to win" I honestly thought you had it in the bag when you checked out until Ice and I rounded the 2nd turn and saw you pull starting the motor. Because of you...I started doing my homework early for the 2012 races! LOL.
As for me, its nice having Dean as my pit crew. The guy knows his stuff and makes sure the bikes ready for the next race but I did help him change my flat tire. (c:
He's already looking into a 4 stroker because that's going to be the fun class to race next year. It's kinda like the Big Block V8 class and we wanta play too!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'll def admit that having a talented wrench it the pits is one less thing to think about on race day. I saw Shane (AGK) turning wrenches all day long at the race....he's dedicated and knows his stuff. I was just a lucky privateer with a fresh bike that happened to be pretty dialed-in for the track........oh to be sponsored one day perhaps? LOL

I raced seven races that day with the spill in the 6th.....man was I beat by the end, it ain't easy when you're 54yrs. young laff

Take care.....see ya next April

o-

dnut
Like I say at the races with a big grin Scotto: "It was your race to win" I honestly thought you had it in the bag when you checked out until Ice and I rounded the 2nd turn and saw you pull starting the motor. Because of you...I started doing my homework early for the 2012 races! LOL.
As for me, its nice having Dean as my pit crew. The guy knows his stuff and makes sure the bikes ready for the next race but I did help him change my flat tire. (c:
He's already looking into a 4 stroker because that's going to be the fun class to race next year. It's kinda like the Big Block V8 class and we wanta play too!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'll def admit that having a talented wrench it the pits is one less thing to think about on race day. I saw Shane (AGK) turning wrenches all day long at the race....he's dedicated and knows his stuff. I was just a lucky privateer with a fresh bike that happened to be pretty dialed-in for the track........oh to be sponsored one day perhaps? LOL

I raced seven races that day with the spill in the 6th.....man was I beat by the end, it ain't easy when you're 54yrs. young laff

Take care.....see ya next April

o-

dnut
I give you major props for being out there that many times plus going down and wrenching. You were definitely an Ironman! Shoot I was tired and my hands were cramping up half way thru the unlimited class.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me Easy Rider. It's nice to see good sportsmanship. The four stroker Dean is working on now, is that a GY 6 because of the many after market parts available? Was it about a year ago Dean was working on a four stroke motorized bicycle that weighed about 93 pounds? Thankyou.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Excuse me Easy Rider. It's nice to see good sportsmanship. The four stroker Dean is working on now, is that a GY 6 because of the many after market parts available? Was it about a year ago Dean was working on a four stroke motorized bicycle that weighed about 93 pounds? Thankyou.
Hi Zean,
Yes Dean did finish that four stroker. It was only a 50 with an electric starter. It runs good, super quiet with good top speed. 40ish mph but doesn't have the power to compete with the big boys. He mentioned a certain type of motor but I forgot what kind it was. Here's the link to the full suspenion 4 stroker.

http://motorbicycling.com/f37/coming-soon-4-stroke-full-suspension-14196.html

Last edited:

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
What kind of mileage do you get for 1.5L if you were cruising at 40mph with a smaller sprocket?

Any guess on MPG?

Did you put the S6-C motor on there? or did you do a water cooled conversion for the air cooled one you had?

Last edited:

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
i have a traxxas nitro rustler, runs on 20% nitromethane fuel. the rest is lube and ethanol or something. it is 2.5 cc and its goes about 50 mph. the piston is a little over 1/2 inch wide. no rings on it, but super high tolerance so it gets great compression. they have a rotary intake, no reeds. about 35k is the red line! it really screams.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
Hey there, I'm planning to mount a Morini S6-C on a hybrid bike. I'm thinking of making the frame both the radiator and the silencer? I've made a few motorised bicycles in my time (some over 57mph on a chinese kit!). Basically i'm asking has anyone got any tips, advice, cool suggestions that I could add? i'm looking for the cheapest option as well :)

Thanks.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I just got home from the race and I had a blast racing with everyone. I did a couple of changes to my bike and it made a difference. I changed the pipe and the clutch. I installed a Tomar clutch but it was engaging about 500 rpms too soon. I was too lazy to mess with it because it's a pain to adjust (You need to empty the radiator and clutch oil first) so I ran it like that all day. The best part is the clutch doesn't slip at all. I was most impressed with the pipe (Gold Series Fatty Pipe). Once it got on the pipe, it really kicked hard but I think I had the same top speed because going down the straight Scotto and I had the same top speed.

Attachments