My "1900's tribute, build

GoldenMotor.com

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Thanks for the wow, Vello, and thanks for posting the other picture, now every one knows I drive a minivan, there goes my cool factor. Soon (hopefully) the tank will be the same red as the wheels, should add a little "pop" to the pope! Or "ranger" as it were.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
What you cant see in the pic is the 59 Cadi tailfins and zoomie flame throwing tailpipes on the van. So its a HOTROD DEATH RIDE VAN! laff That restore you image?

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
You guys are very uplifting??? Velo, about that air cleaner, here's something about me... I'm a scrounger, and love to use what ever I can find to use, as long as it doesn't look clunky... that being said, the air cleaner is two caps from ceiling fans. There the covers you take off to install a light kit. Just knew I' use em someday (never throw anything away) good motto. Wait till you see my head and tail lights!

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Remember what I told you about being a scrounger (picker?), well, thatheadlight is not a spittoon, but rather a brass oil lamp that I cut down and put back together. Tail light is the top part of a small kerosene lantern. Tank straps are simple plumbing pipe wall mounts painted brass. Tank and down tube loop came from an exercise stair climber. That's the story.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Have you tried putting the head lamp down lower? like it don't get me wrong, just looks like it should tad bit lower nice scrounging (American Scroungers, new T.V.show LOL!)

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Yea, truckd, I have, and probly will. Just noticed on many of those early bikes, they were that high, don't know why? Maybe bug deflection? That tv show sounds good, but don' know what I' do with all that money!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Build more Bikes Of Course, GEEEEeeessss!!!
The most likely answer to that question is probably a sturdier place to mount, but since your light is a bit bigger then normal maybe by lowering it with a downward bent bracket attached to the head set might visually decrease the size and then insted of being a major attraction and taking away from the focal point of the bike in it's entirerty it might even the look out.
But hey just an outsider looking in. (LOL!)
You have built a Handsome bike and something else to consider would be a laid back seat post, not necessarly to get the seat lower but to even out the realistate between the back bone(top bar) and and rack, if you do make one just remember to leave enough of the bottm neck the adjust your ride comfortability and add a SMALL gusset to the vertical rise and Horizontle bars.
Over All GOOD LOOKING BIKE!

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Truckd, I see what you mean about that spacing of the seat. I think that will be a mini project while I wait for back ordered tranny parts. Thanks for your opinion.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
No Prob! as a member of this forum I'm under obligation not to let another member look dorky while riding a completed M/B build (LOL!!) just fun'n Ya.
Ya know what would be cool too ?? extend the handle bars back about 8" (if they're stock Huffy Bars) then paint them Red to match the wheels,maybe black with those grips ? but if you do add a plug for strength on the extension

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Believe it or not, I was thinking of a set of what are called "pull back" bars on motorcycles. They usually come back quite a ways. I want to use oldish leather grips. I'll (most likley)do the bars in black. Me not looking dorky on a bike will take some doing, however, bring lots of help!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I hear Ya, well if you can't look good riding the bike then make your bike look good while your riding it, put a full face helmet on if all else fails Ha! Ha! LOL!
Seriously! do the handle bars yourself, looks like you got skills, those huffy bars have some style just to short

Last edited: