Harley 1915 Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Hi guys

some of you might remember me from my 1911 Indian BTR built, which ended up as a display in my living room...
I love that thing so much and can't stop looking at it...so I decided to build another BTR to fill empty space in my house, which means it will be w/o engine function... ;-)
Why am I doing this?
It is just that I love building things, bending pipes, welding, working with sandpaper and paint. It keeps me busy and I can relax after a tough day in the office...
This time I go for a Harley 1915 BTR...

Attachments

Last edited:

Red Light Bandit

Dec 15, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Can you show us a pic of your Indian build on display in your house? Please. I've been trying to find photographs of indoor displays in houses and garages and have come up empty handed. Thank you very much.

If anyone knows of a link to some cool indoor display pics please let me know. Thanks.
Red.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Can you show us a pic of your Indian build on display in your house? Please. I've been trying to find photographs of indoor displays in houses and garages and have come up empty handed. Thank you very much.

If anyone knows of a link to some cool indoor display pics please let me know. Thanks.
Red.

Well, nothing special, just a white wall, some posters, and a wooden floor...but I will make some pics!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I don't know if this would work for your build but I recently bought a Gran Royale Union Flyer with
700cx 40mm rims and tires with 12 gauge spokes made by Weinman Shimano front and rear hubs (rear CB-E 110) and switched out the stock tires 700cx35 mm with the Elctra Amsterdam 700cx40 mm wich are also 28" 1 1/2" they are SWEET! They're pretty fat,couldn't find where you could get just the wheels and the whole bike Cost was $149.99 with shipping and handling came out to $202.oo lots of Quality parts to use on another build but I'm thinking you couldn't buy the wheels and parts that you'd need for that price.
The bike is sold by Nashbar through Ebay Like I said it may not suite your needs but then again may it could?

Attachments

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Axel, your Indian is one of my all time favourites. Since we are in the same boat as far as not being able to ride out creations legally and I'm gathering parts also for a couple of display only bikes for my man room. I will be watching and learning a few of your tricks. Your work is outstanding!!!!

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I don't know if this would work for your build but I recently bought a Gran Royale Union Flyer with
700cx 40mm rims and tires with 12 gauge spokes made by Weinman Shimano front and rear hubs (rear CB-E 110) and switched out the stock tires 700cx35 mm with the Elctra Amsterdam 700cx40 mm wich are also 28" 1 1/2" they are SWEET! They're pretty fat,couldn't find where you could get just the wheels and the whole bike Cost was $149.99 with shipping and handling came out to $202.oo lots of Quality parts to use on another build but I'm thinking you couldn't buy the wheels and parts that you'd need for that price.
The bike is sold by Nashbar through Ebay Like I said it may not suite your needs but then again may it could?

It's sweet, but I already have rims and tires, same as for my Indian, but in black!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Sorry to hijack your thread Axel......Trukd, have you tried the tyres on your new rims, because a 28 x 1 1/2 can have a rim size of 635mm, while a 700cc has a rim size of 622. You might want to just check.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! Harry.....Tires state 700c x 40mm/28" x1 1/2" I don't know about all that other stuff, I have a friend who has 700c rims and bought a pair of 28" x1 1/2" from a european vendor and they fit his bike nicely