Electra Aluminum Coaster Build

GoldenMotor.com

Antihista

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL
My bike is finally finished, I really need to thank 2 members of this forum for making this bike come together. First I want to thank floridaboy (my father) for putting my bike together for me while I recover form my back surgery, second I want to thank Jim (creative engineering) for machining the motor mount and hub adapter.

Attachments

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
wow nice bike,i could use one of those engine mounts.
my engine is mounted real high on my frame and im using 2 rear mounts and a bracket for the front that i had laying around,but its only mounted temp til i find new mounts.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
My bike is finally finished, I really need to thank 2 members of this forum for making this bike come together. First I want to thank floridaboy (my father) for putting my bike together for me while I recover form my back surgery, second I want to thank Jim (creative engineering) for machining the motor mount and hub adapter.
You are certainly welcome! It was good to have yet another model of bike in the shop for an engine mount. It really helps me with the future development of this product.

Your father has had the patience twice to come down to the shop and wait while I diddle around and make custom parts, (His legacy & your Electra)...slowly checking everything. I really appreciate it! I learn a lot from doing installations.

Get well brother so you can ride this thing!!!

Jim

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Antihista,
Beautiful bike. I hope you're able to enjoy it real soon. I was over to thatsdax's place today and looked at his Electra Townie. That is lovely bike but a little out of my price range right now. The welds on the aluminum frame are a work of art. Good luck and keep us posted. Again, great looking bicycle my friend.
Tom

DeckerJ81

May 30, 2012
San Diego
Hello I was wondering if I could pick up a mount such as yours. I have the same issue with my Electra. I live in San Diego and just got my motor and the mount will not work. Any hints or helpful places

Antihista

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL
Decker
I would really like to answer that for you, but that motor mount was experamental and developed stress cracks. We ended up making a mount simular to the one used in Shwinn Stingrays out of steel and rubber isolating it to the frame.