72V 100A 60Ah 4.3kWh 10s24p 200lbs.....

GoldenMotor.com

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Nice job getting it apart!

Good thing you did too. It is not an "outrunner" style motor, like the exploded drawing you posted earlier.

The winding and stator are wrapped around a conventional armature loaded with magnets.

Are there bolt heads buried in both of the end plates? fan end & shaft end?

You are getting closer to having this open.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Nice job getting it apart!

Good thing you did too. It is not an "outrunner" style motor, like the exploded drawing you posted earlier.

The winding and stator are wrapped around a conventional armature loaded with magnets.

Are there bolt heads buried in both of the end plates? fan end & shaft end?

You are getting closer to having this open.
Thanks.

Check. All bolts are now off. Now what?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The shaft is dead center but the cables are jammed against the windings. That tells me that one of the armatures separated from the rest. I'm guessing it is held in place by magnetic force then? LOL

I looking at 2 C clips (1 on each side of the motor) around the shaft. Do those both have to come off?

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
The snap ring in that picture just holds the bearing in the housing. The shaft is a light press in the bearing.

Now you need a puller. If you have a harmonic balancer puller you are good to go. Or borrow one from the auto parts store. Or make one. Really just a flat bar with 3 holes in it.

Use a pair of 8mm bolts about 80mm long to bolt the puller to the case end. Push on the end of the shaft like this:

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
:I You couldnt send it back?
I presume with 50 pages this question has already been asked/ answered somewhere.

I hope it turns out for you :S thats terrible! Methinks I shant ever hook any motors up to my computer. Unless I want it to go somewhere.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I presume with 50 pages this question has already been asked/ answered somewhere.

I hope it turns out for you :S thats terrible! Methinks I shant ever hook any motors up to my computer. Unless I want it to go somewhere.
The only problem is the software to even allow this type scenario to be able to take place at all. The controller and motor are from the same company. The controller can destroy the motor with a single mouse click with no warning given. Kind of like Russian Roulette. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

Actually the cause has not been answered or documented anywhere online including the manufacturers own website. Nobody even knew it existed until I found it, cause I'm a trailblazer. LMAO

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I would put a hub motor on it and put the battery in the center, and use the ammo cans for artillery and contraband. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Now I'm dumbfounded. No damage at all is visible but neither are any kind of sensors either. No Pulley Puller was even needed. The motors cae just opened up using gravity.