Hail stones in Pampa

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
these fell in our yard on our house and all over the place I waited until the rain let up to get them
pretty big! It would knock the tar out of you, my truck now has some custom dents we also had a tornado today we got lucky here, it went to east end of town we live on the east end of town by the way, the funnel was about 2 miles east of us from what I can gather.

these bad boys knocked the fire out of things here!

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Dang Norm, those are big. We didn't get anything like that over here on the poor side of town. We just had some little pea size hail..................

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Norm, Fred's house got clobbered last night. He had millions of those hail stones that big hit his house. They broke the wood under the shingles and smashed out some of his windows. He was showing me some pictures of some of the greens out at the golf course. They were destroyed. A bunch of cars at the golf course were totaled. A semi out east of town got turned over by a tornado. Then it got picked up and turned over again.................................

Bob I went out to Fred's and saw first hand the damage, Man!!! One hole was the size of a basket ball on his roof clear through the plywood! It looked like a bomber had carpet bombed his yard. The golf course holes are everywhere you could shoot a hole in one,as there is so many holes to pick from.Fred said there was a pheasant in his yard today with a broke leg and I think a broke wing those poor animals took a beating too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
That's just insane, I can picture in my mind the fear just the noise of those things hitting your house would instill in you! We get the odd light duty twister in my area and hail any bigger than a chick pea sends us running for cover...you guys need bomb shelters for those bad boys!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im glad you guys came through that alright. I guess sometimes mother nature just has PMS. Seems nobody was hurt from what you guys say. fpr that we can be thankful. We would miss you guys....