Spark plug skyhawk 48cc

GoldenMotor.com

ElUnoSpeedy

Apr 18, 2009
Little Grove, Australia
Hello, im after a spark plug to suit the skyhawk 48cc, i bought a ngk bp6hs but found the thread too long, maybe its an aussie thing, the closest i could find was a ngk b5es, not sure if the numbers mean anything too but the thread length was the same, ta guys any info would be great..auflg

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
How did you determine that the threads were too long? Is it because the tip of the plug hit the piston or just because it was longer than the stock one?

ElUnoSpeedy

Apr 18, 2009
Little Grove, Australia
How did you determine that the threads were too long? Is it because the tip of the plug hit the piston or just because it was longer than the stock one?
I just compared it to the original, and the threadn thickness was different too, wouldnt screw in, i am assuming that if it were longer it would hit the top of the piston, thats why the thread had to be the same length.

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
set the gap then reinstall , push the bike so the piston dose at least 1 revolution then pull the plug and check the gap that is what I did after my concerns regarding the same issue ( it runs fine )

Rayzor

Feb 14, 2009
Bako, Ca
try the NGK B5HS...

i got the same kit as you and i run that, really smooth riding now, and a noticeable performance increase ove the stock autolitesbrnot

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
i bought a ngk bp6hs but found the thread too long, maybe its an aussie thing, the closest i could find was a ngk b5es, not sure if the numbers mean anything too but the thread length was the same,.........I just compared it to the original, and the threadn thickness was different too, wouldnt screw in, i am assuming that if it were longer it would hit the top of the piston, thats why the thread had to be the same length.
All the plugs mentioned - the BP5HS, BP6HS, B5HS, B6HS have EXACTLY the same threads and exactly the same thread length (depth 1/2")

A BPES WILL have too long threads (3/4")

Try this: NGK Part # key

So if you bought an ES and the thread length is the same as a HS, I would take the HS back for a refund.