Anyone put a chinese kit on a new schwinn cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

TheIronHorseIride

Mar 22, 2009
PDX
I just started working on my new kit and a few things are already apparent. The mounts don't fit. Too big on front and too small on the backside. (if only they were reversible) Also the tubes might not be the correct width apart once I get the rear sprocket on and try to line the engine up. Also the rear sprocket is going to take some serious engineering to attach correctly to my coaster brake hub. Looking for suggestions from anyone who has tried to put the same motor on the same frame. Or heck, any good tips/advice are greatly appreciated.
Thanx much.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I am not sure which model Schwinn Cruiser you are talking about. They are probably all about the same. I installed a kit on a new Schwinn Jaguar. You will have to make an adaptor for the front motor mount due to the large tubing. Probably a 1 1/2" muffler clamp for the front tube. You will have to bend the coaster brake arm slightly and modify the dust cap. Other than that it should work fine.

John

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
The rear tube mount I had file down a bit, it was just slightly to small. Not to sure how far off yours is, but if it's not to much you can file it down with a 1/2 rounded file. Then check out the Vibrations thread in classic instructions to fill any gaps in the mount.

dust cap mod

http://motorbicycling.com/f30/coaster-brake-dust-cap-mod-1841.html

The classic instruction boards likely has just about everything you need.