How can my motor last longer ???

GoldenMotor.com

Juanzx

May 3, 2012
Los Angeles ,Norwalk
Hey you guys I'm super new to this bike world though I have love bikes all my life... My question is I have a little eBay 80cc motor Chinese product..how can I make it last longer what can I do to help it out ... What does a bike tune up consist of ? I don't know anything please help :( .duh.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Use Maxima 927 at 32-40:1 fuel to oil ratio and as long as you don't run lean, it'll last a very long time.

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
how can I make it last longer what can I do
I would get a cooler about 20 gallons. Add motor to cooler and pour melted acrylic into cooler all over engine. Let acrylic cool and harden. Take acrylic encased engine out to the middle of Neveda and dig a hole 20 feet deep. Toss acrylic encased engine into hole and fill it back up with sand. It will last forever and guaranteed not to be a problem ever :)

Ok so on the serious side! I am not a long time MB-er but my lawn mower, weed eater, motorcycle, and cars all last forever. SO this is little different then any other motor.

With the other responses not much to add really just keep up the maintenance, dont run lean, and watch for excessive carbon build up. I am settleing into a weekly inspection on all parts (non-motor) and bi-weekly on motor. It may be overkill but I like tinkering with it.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Get a quality 10x14x15 needle roller bearing to replace the crap 10x14x13 small end. The piston pin bosses r 2 far apart, allowing the bearing 2 drift sideways, half out of the rod. Actually, all the bearings r crappyish but this is the worst. My motor had air leak between the cases new so I replaced all but the big end. A couple of the 6202's were really notchy, but u dont have 2 go that far, just do the small end. Its easy & relatively cheap. Cheers