How do you tune an Xchamber?

GoldenMotor.com

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
I don't know much about tuning Xchambers so if you guys could give me some useful info on how to tune one it would be deeply appreciated. Mine is a SBPXchamber.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I have the same pipe. My bike was running good before the xpipe, and ran even better after just slapping it on with no tuning. I couldn't tell any difference in the mixture.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
see i'm wondering cause now I can hit 32 easy sometimes 34 but today it fell off of the header and my bike shot up to 37 so I wanna know how to tune to achieve that power I got today.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I have the same pipe. My bike was running good before the xpipe, and ran even better after just slapping it on with no tuning. I couldn't tell any difference in the mixture.

Just curious, what type of bike is that you have?

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
It looks awesome!! What speed do you get out of your bikes? Cause really my goal is to get as much speed out of my 44T sprocket before I switch to a 36T. I can reach 34MPH with no wind on a flat road. This is my bike just with a different intake and carb.

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
General wisdom on expansion pipes is that having a header pipe that is about 12" length is good for low to mid range power... Cutting it down (to under 12") helps with the high RPM power. ;)

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The Atomic BB is a 50. It will cruise 25 mph all day long. It has a 40 T.

The Cadillac is a 80. It will cruise at 30 and has a 36 T. It's been up to 38 mph. It's scary riding it in traffic over 30 mph though.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
See I want to be able to cruise at 30-35 maybe faster, right now I can cruise easily at 25-26 without the engine wanting to jump off my bike.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
General wisdom on expansion pipes is that having a header pipe that is about 12" length is good for low to mid range power... Cutting it down (to under 12") helps with the high RPM power. ;)
I concur.. Especially when it's so easy to mount some of these things. Like the SBP T.P.;)

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Shortening the head pipe adds to your top speed, but takes from your torque.

Lengthening your stinger adds to your top speed, but takes away from your torque.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
someone needs to make a sticky on expansion chambers. not out of this thread though. I'm talking about a compilation of useful accurate info on the subject. HINT HINT MODS.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
I had a brain storm today. Those of you who mess with rc cars know about buku pipes for them, my thoughts are could you put a spring in the stinger so it pushes the cap back to the Xchamber and with the RPMs it gets pushed forward by exhaust thus adjusting itself, point being, you get better torque and top end. What are your guys thoughts on this, would it work. I've got the idea on how to make it I just want to see if its worth the try.