Your kit reliability experience needed!!! chinese or name brand motors

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ahhhmmm Honda don't make junk nothin'. I know your not picking on Honda.
Dax has the best motor on the market. $ 200.00 come on now! A motor with that little of a cost and that you can count on,,, really. I know people that spend that on a date. Duane works his self way more than most! I have one of his motors and have no problems at all, (except running out of gas) rotfl

michael

Aug 29, 2008
hi my names michael . want a good engine Tanakas are bullet proof! bar none the best 2cycle motor out their! Quiet, easy starting , dual rings,chrome cylinder wall. these motors will go the 20,000 miles your looking for .They get stronger and stronger the more you ride them.Their are several up grades from tuned pipes to more tuneable carburators.You can even put a advanced timeing key. I ride every day over 4000miles on my scoot . very reliable I've done 100 mile rides one way no problem ,can pull most hills with no pedal asistance. I run the Tanaka 47 R with the golden eagle set up. Top speed get ready, 47.8 mph.I get about 120to 140 miles to the gallon. I allso have a bran new tanaka 32 cc motor with about half hour on engine I'll let go for $220.00 and shipping. It will easilly push your bike to 30mph and it gets 160 to 180 miles to the gallon.allso have 50 cc mistibishi clone motor I'll let go for$ 150.00. goood motor allso just not as quite and its single ringed.If your looking for a worry free bike kit go golden eagle.great people to deal with. read their reveiws. Their all true!!!!

michael

Aug 29, 2008
sorry beach bike ron gm as in gm motors ??? golden eagle is golden eagle, out of lansing Michagan .Tanaka is Tanaka out of Abourn Wa. Recently merged with Hitachi. Subaru is well subaru. All seprate companys selling difrent products. What gm do you refer to?????

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
Actually, I was making a joke! You were comparing a chevy to a caddy? General motors has always made them both! By the way, I prefer the Robin/Subaru 4 stroke or the Honda 4 stroke the most!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Michael Welcome to the forum! 4000 miles in one day, wow. That's 166 MPH. My Honda Black Bird can go that fast but I have to stop for gas once and a while! rotfl

michael

Aug 29, 2008
Thanks for the welcome saddletramp1200. Guess my sentance kind of ran on. Thats 4000 miles total on tanaka setup. 15 to 20 miles a day on average ride to work shuffle. Thanks for the laugh!

I have a chinese HT kit that for almost 3 months made 30 miles per day + 3 days per week
the first 2 weeks I broke stuff & had to spend more time on it & once that was done its more like doing checkups & repairs as needed it gets much better after a while
I think one needs a welder to beef stuff up & sinse I run an old schwinn I braze as well
I really love the bike I built, yeah its quirky but so am I :)
take care
JAK

ark slim

Aug 8, 2008
It depends on what your looking for? I am currently running a dax 70 and have finally got it running pretty good on my schwinn jaguar. It starts pretty easy and will go fast as I want (about 20-25mph) I'm chicken you see. Have had lots of fun with it and outstanding service from dax. As with anything you need to weigh $$ to quality?