I think my clutch arm is backward

GoldenMotor.com

jonnyboston

Oct 6, 2009
Durham NH
My clutch arm doesn't look like the photo in the instructions. It pivots out away from the bike, instead of toward the motor. I think this is making it impossible to disengage the clutch, so right now my problem is that the wheel wont spin without a lot of effort, and when it does it moves very jerky. The only time the wheel's seem to spin properly is when i take the spark plug out. ? any thoughts, photos below...

Attachments

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
the arm will pivot outward of the bike, however you dont show arm hooked up with cable! it takes some force to disengage. if you push inward torward bike you will notice the wheel should then spin freely. there are other post here that does cover that topic somewhere!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yeah, w/o a cable attached it'll swing out freely - but that's normal. It should work fine if with a significant amount of pressure, going in the proper direction. When mine was new I simply couldn't apply enough pressure by just pushing by hand on the lil stubby arm, I hurt my hand tryin' lol

A touch of grease in the pivot helps a lot (even just a dab on the ramp plate inside) and should it still be tough to pull with the cable/hand lever - remember to route the cable with as few (and gentle) bends as possible and lube the cable well.

Outa be fine - but if not, give us another shout-out ;)