Some pics of my first build - ChoppSaw

GoldenMotor.com

dalek4615

Aug 13, 2009
australia
Hi there - i am new to the forum and have been bitten by the bug of bicycles and engines. Here is my first attempt (before i knew about engine kits) at a fun ride!!

It has a 61cc chainsaw engine and is solid mounted to the frame. There is little or no vibration due to the fact that this engine is a twin cylinder, and is very balanced. At 12000rpm it takes a bit to hang on to but is fun anyway.

Yeah i know only front brakes at the moment - hello death!! just bought a heap of old bikes from a mate so parts are no longer a problem!

Anyway i hope to get to know this forum and all of the other like minded people. B.T.W. I live in a small country town in QLD Australia.trk

Now comes the fun part of dressing it up - finish welding, paint, accessories. Will post a couple more pics when i have fabricated all of the other parts. oh yeah 35mph no problem!

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Dalek, Welcome. Looks Like A Solid Ride And Dependable. I Have A Tree Service For 30 Yrs. Have Only Seen Picture Of A 2 Cylinder Saw. Ron

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum. Interesting bike Id ride it. Truly a one of a kind. Nice clean work on it. Very kwel.

dalek4615

Aug 13, 2009
australia
Thanx guys. it means a lot. My next ride is happening as we speak. I just purchased an engine kit and a cheap mtn bike. Good choppers over in oz are expensive (AU$1400.oo) for a good one with disc brakes.
So a mtn biki with a few mods to make it more cruisy. Cheersdance1