correct me if im wrong...chain drive

GoldenMotor.com

generalmyers

Jul 13, 2009
Pasedena, Md
well im gonna see what i can do about getting a 3 peice crank pedal set and set that up if i do manage this my gear ratios will be
engine/jack shaft/jack shaft/Wheel
8/54/8/28
8/54/8/24
8/54/8/20
8/54/8/17
8/54/8/13
with those gears i'll be able to power up moderate hills and probobly keep chugging along.
also i set this at about 5000 rpms on the calculator and i have no idea if it will really work i also need to know how to put the sprockets on the crank and take them off if i need to change around the gearing.

Last edited:

generalmyers

Jul 13, 2009
Pasedena, Md
this will be my first bike and since im getting 150 for x-mas this year than i'll get a kit bike next but first i have to figure out what i can use for a fuel tank i was planning on getting a 1 gallon gas keg or a milk bottle though i dont think i'd like the way the milk bottle would look maybe a three liter soda can. i also need a highly reliable safety system if im gonna ride this in Baltimore city(Go B-More) and good tires that wont give in under the smallest amount of glass because There's plenty of glass out there(i live in Pasedena Maryland while my father live in Baltimore) so tires and bike security im looking for

also if anyone has any extra 8 tooth and 9 tooth sprockets laying around i might need them i really cant go around ordering stuff of the internet until my mother gets me my debit card(she handles all the finance in the house she should be an accountant)

Last edited:

Stubby79

Jul 17, 2009
Victoria, BC
Gas can eat certain types of plastics and rubber, so be careful what you decide to use. I keep seeing these half liter(maybe a full liter) stainless steel water bottles at a local sports store for dirt cheap and keep thinking they'd make a decent gas tank. And look good too.

Stubby79

Jul 17, 2009
Victoria, BC
You have to match the chain size to the sprocket size...#25 sprocket, #25 chain. That's the small stuff used on pocket bikes and gopeds.