carnage

GoldenMotor.com

kcmcf

Jun 9, 2008
Alliance,NE
had a little run in with a ford ranger last night on the way home from work, i am ok a little brused and battered. think i need to get a new wheel,fork,handle bars,brakes.

ouch3.JPG

ouch.JPG

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
Glad to hear your ok.My first bike looks similar,but my forks broke into 3 pieces and the fork tube snapped in half.Happened in Oct.08, just finished Physical Therapy 2 weeks ago,and still aint quite right.Again, glad you are OK. David usflg

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Ouch rim broken @ the weld point ruined crown front end is shot, good thing your OK looks painful. I had an accident like that once hands were still on the handles and I basicaly got body slammed onto the hood of a little truck, I was going to be late for court so I picked up my bike ripped the broken brakes off, and bent my forks back, flipped the dude off because it was his fault and I bailed. LoL, I could have gotten money from him but no I rushed off. Next day in the News Paper it was reported as a hit and run because my handlebars downtube divoted his truck.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
had a little run in with a ford ranger last night on the way home from work, i am ok a little brused and battered. think i need to get a new wheel,fork,handle bars,brakes.

View attachment 10245

View attachment 10246
KC,
Very glad you weren't seriously hurt. Post some details; Helmet? What happened? Oh, and how did the Ranger make out? I drive a Ford Ranger everyday. Just curious how it will stand up under that kind of impact. Seriously, you have some damage but it can be fixed. Keep us posted on repairs.
Tom

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
wow, the screw entered from that angle??.. crazy stuffs.
doubt slime tubes would have helped with that one...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, KC.

Unfortunately, we have to ride like the drivers are out to kill us.

I'm in the process of getting a brighter headlight because I'm often
silhouetted against the rising/setting sun while commuting.

kcmcf

Jun 9, 2008
Alliance,NE
yes i am ok no broken bones just bumps and bruises. was wearing a helmet. what happened was i turned on to my street goning home from work at 11:30 at night, got to the intersection looked one way seen head light about a block away looked the other didnt see anything then went through next thing I know a pickup side, my bike me on ground. still not shure where it came from. could have been worse. as far as the truck i put a dent in the box and a nice big black mark from the front tire. he was more worried about me then his truck. the truck that was comeing the other war was a friend from work she gave me a ride home. lots of tylonal for the next few days told the wife last night when i got home that i think i FEEL like i got hit buy a truck. man am i sore. have to drive the pickup for awhile untill i can find parts. have spare rims but no forks.

latter all have a good 4th

Kevin