Carb leaking on four stroke!

GoldenMotor.com

Absocold

Jul 26, 2008
Twin Cities, MN
My 4 stroke stage II Grubee has been running wonderfully the last few weeks. Today I took the engine off to install better hardware to attach it to the bicycle. The only other thing I did was to change the oil. In any case, I put the engine back on the bike, got everything hooked up, and the carb started leaking. It was coming out of the air intake, almost like it was constantly overflowing the bowl and had nowhere else to go. How do I fix it?

Attachments

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I'd give the carb bo a sharp blow with a screw driver handle to see if the float is just stuck. It happens when an engine may have been on it's side.
A float works just like the float in your toilet Absocold, it rises with the fuel level and when the bowl fills up, the float shuts off the flow. I'd bet your float just got caught up from working on the engine.

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
when the float fills with fuel it goes from being a float to a sink!laff
Sorry I couldn't help it.
Your float might have stuck or sunk. you might even have something in the needle that the float opens and closes making it stick and over run the floats bowl. You should be able to work on it take pictures of it as you take it apart or draw how it looks as you take it apart. then you will know how to put it back together again.
Grab your tools and fix it:-||
Norman