It all began with love

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ah it's a primitave band brake. Old folks like these bikes. For the record a Honda GXH 50.
Got to keep it "leagle" I can't even spell it, rotfl Ah, it will be nice. People that use pickups to tote little things in small parsells, it will be great. Up to 70 % off the cost to take there product to the client, is a major plus. 10 miles or less. The fuel more than makes up for the time.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hahahaha,
I like the way you referred to them as "Old Folks" as if you don't belong to that groupe. You gave yourself away when you told me about painting your "Slot Cars" You gotta have a few wrinkles if you played with them.
Love the trike idea, Tramp. I have a three wheeler that looks like a fun project too. Mine has a little 10" front wheel and 20" rears. I'll see if I can find a photo somewhere. It's called a Trail Mate, don't know the manufacturer. The photo is from Staton. They motorized one exactly like mine and sent me a picture of it. Mine has spoked rears instead of the alloy rim like this one.
Tom

Attachments

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
HaHa yourself rotfl I'm NOT sure but I may have seen one of those at a store called Western Auto many moons ago. But it could have been Pep Boys also. I'm still using a tube of Ben Gay dated best used by 11/1/60 They gave me the "senior" discount @ Jack in the Box a while back. I didn't even ask rotfl AARP just sent me a card, and now they want 12.95!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jasonh,
Yeah, that front wheel doesn't offer too much in the way of rubber contact with the road. It has a drum brake in front and coaster in the rear but if I do the motor install I'll go with side pulls in the rear. Staton mounted their engine in the rear but this trike is very tail heavy to begin with and that adds to the front wheel weight problem so I would probably put the engine between my legs mounted just ahead of the seat, low enough that I won't be burning myself on the head or getting zapped by the plug.
Now all I have to do is talk DAX (hint, hint, Duane) out of one of his old, rebuildable Titans that he has laying on the floor of his shop and I'll have my winter project.
I'll keep you posted.
Tom