poor running motor any thoughts

GoldenMotor.com

Hoopermotorbikes

Aug 24, 2013
ojai ca
hey guys i rebuilt the top end on my fathers motorized bike after that it seemed to run really bog running really rich so i bought a upgraded carb and i try it still runned boggy so i leaned it out to .6 it still seems really boggy i tighten the head bolts a little it still ran like crap any thoughts

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Re: poor runining motor any thoughts

Boggy usually equals too rich so you are on the right path there.
I am assuming that .6 is referring to the fuel jet size that you have installed.
Can you clarify this? Exactly what carburetor did you have on it before? What carburetor do you have on it now?
Have you done a plug chop to see what the actual mixture is?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Let's go back to the start. You said you "rebuilt the top end". What exactly did you do, and why? How was the bike running before the rebuild and how many miles did it have on it?

We're assuming that because this is in the 2 stroke section that you have a Chinese 2 stroke. Are we correct?

Tom

Hoopermotorbikes

Aug 24, 2013
ojai ca

It a chinaese bike kit i had the nt carb on there but went to the delorti clone .6 is the jet size i rebuilt it because i had a titanum wrist pin in there but it wasent machined correctly and wore out the wrist pin bearing so i just replaced the pistion rings pistion and wrist pin and bearings

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia