Bicycle clutch control handle replacement in uk?

GoldenMotor.com

rexfan10

Sep 8, 2012
Highlands, Scotland
Hi, i had my first motorised bicycle working perfectly for the last two days. However the Clutch control handle came loose and was twisitng around and as i was tightening it the mounts for it sheered striaght off meaning i need an entirely new clutch control handle. The problem isnt going to be installing, its trying to find one for sale in the uk! I have looked everywhere and cant find any. If anybody could give me a link to a uk wwebsite that sell them i would be very grateful! Im supposed to be taking the bike to meet a friend on the weekend so really need a replacement ASAP. Thanks.

:-||

rexfan10

Sep 8, 2012
Highlands, Scotland
Hi, i just tried it and it works perfectly! took it for a 4 mile run and seems to do the job perfectly. Sadly it lacks a "lock" so i will have to keep it held in whilst cycling or use some string, but for the time being it works a treat and i will now be able to go and see my friend this weekend. Thank you very much.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
when you say the mounts sheared off, what exactly does that mean? mine stripped out, so I drilled a hole straight through and stuck a quick release skewer through it. works like a charm.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
a 'walker', for a disabled person, uses a locking handbrake.
they are a bit fancier, but the same principle.
can be bought at thrift stores, sometimes....
Best
rc

rexfan10

Sep 8, 2012
Highlands, Scotland
hi, what i mean is the metal ring that goes around the hadnlebars snapped clean of the clutch hadnle leaving nothing left for it to be mouted back on, so i had to replace it with an old mountain bike brake lever.