Your ideas on what I need

GoldenMotor.com

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
I've been lurking on this forum and I'm ready to motorize my WalMart Schwinn Beach Cruiser, it won't be in daily but rather just a occasional putster but I want to do it right the first time, I know about the spark plug, bolts and carb but am unsure what 2 cycle engine, drive system to use and who to buy from, any help that's offered will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Ted

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
with questions like those, you'll get a million answers.

i'd tell you to junk the walmart bike and find something that won't fall apart, while other's will tell you to buid a 200cc 4 stroke.

your best bet is to grab something to drink, find a comfortable chair, and start reading older posts.

everything you want to know has already been asked, mostly solved, and is all right here in this forum.

use the search feature with your specific bike, and it'll probably turn up a few hundred posts you can sift through.

if you've got specific questions, ask away.

have fun with it...:)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
with questions like those, you'll get a million answers.

i'd tell you to junk the walmart bike and find something that won't fall apart, while other's will tell you to buid a 200cc 4 stroke.

your best bet is to grab something to drink, find a comfortable chair, and start reading older posts.

everything you want to know has already been asked, mostly solved, and is all right here in this forum.

use the search feature with your specific bike, and it'll probably turn up a few hundred posts you can sift through.

if you've got specific questions, ask away.

have fun with it...:)
5 thumbs up....

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Although I've built 200cc 4-strokes, I certainly wouldn't recommend someone building one, especially if it were their first motorized bike. I actually frown upon it and suggest something smaller and actually street legal.

A good quality small 2 or 4-stroke is a good way to get started at entry level. Take it from there ;)

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
no matter what engine you buy i recomend getting a sproket adapter instead of using the stock one,youll be alot happier in the end,and not as frustrated.yes the 75 dollar cost kept me from getting one on my first bike but after getting one for my second i will always use one.reason one simple to install, reason two switching sprokets size is easy. as far as motor i like the 2 stroke for cheaper cost and simplicity.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
no matter what engine you buy i recomend getting a sproket adapter instead of using the stock one,youll be alot happier in the end,and not as frustrated.yes the 75 dollar cost kept me from getting one on my first bike but after getting one for my second i will always use one.reason one simple to install, reason two switching sprokets size is easy. as far as motor i like the 2 stroke for cheaper cost and simplicity.

I have a manic mechanic adapter in my garage. I'm using this one instead. It will fit the Huffy, Schwinn and La Jolla 26" coaster brake hub. Also some 24" with coaster brake hubs.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/2855328796.html
fatdaddy.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

You will need lots of money because this is a highly addictive hobby, and you will want more! More bikes, more engines, more power, more reliability, more accessories...