Honda GX120 and EZM in Panther frame?

GoldenMotor.com

Calschwinn

Sep 18, 2011
California
Hello guys! I found a 53 Panther frame last week and was pondering a build. I was looking at a Honda GX120, and a Ezm for the trans. Seems like they make more hop up parts for the GX120 rather than the GX100. Any chance I could mate the GX120 with its 3/4"x2-5/16" keyed shaft to fit the Ezm? Also you think that engine would fit the frame? Engine dimensions are, Height: 12.5", Depth (Less Shaft): 9.5", Width: 12.5". I know that this engine is a couple inches bigger then the HF Grayhound which I know that Chainmaker fit in his 50 panther. I don't have the frame yet so I can't measure it. Looking forward to this build and will probably buy everything ala cart rather than a kit to get the best parts possible. Great site and thanks for all your time. :)

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
The EZM is designed for a 5/8" shaft not a 3/4". Trying to get them to make it more compatible with other motors is like pulling teeth as far as I know. Look into Affordable Go Karts' jackshaft, it would do nicely on the 120 because it works with different size output shafts and clutches ranging from 5/8" to 3/4".

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
The EZM is designed for a 5/8" shaft not a 3/4". Trying to get them to make it more compatible with other motors is like pulling teeth as far as I know.
The EZ will work with almost any size out put shaft. you just buy a front pulley with the hole size to fit your shaft. I have one EZ drive on a Hua Sheng 49cc & one on a 79cc Greyhound.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Its a tight fit with the 79 greyhound its only 9 inches and change. The crank (chainring) is the problem You need to find the smallest crank possible you are also going to have to widen the cranks a bit. Sportscarpat and a couple other guys are mounting the clones at an angle... that may work. Im going to be bringing My bike in for the season on the next day off and break it down. Ive got a couple bigger motors Im going to see if they may fit. If My 5 hp briggs can fit the EZ drive unit may be up for sale. PM Me if You may be interested. Good luck with Your build.Keep us posted